POLL: How many NFA transfer-tax-paid guns do you own?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many transfer-tax-paid NFA guns do you own?

Votes: 40 31.5%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 14 11.0%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 4 3.1%
    • 5-7

Votes: 15 11.8%
    • 8-10

Votes: 7 5.5%
    • 11-15

Votes: 8 6.3%
    • 16-20

Votes: 3 2.4%
    • 21-30

Votes: 1 0.8%
    • 31-40

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • 41-50

Votes: 1 0.8%
    • 50+

Votes: 3 2.4%
    • OPSEC (just let me see the results)

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    POLL: How many NFA transfer-tax-paid guns and suppressors do you own?

I'm curious how many NFA guns and suppressors people own... I sometimes think that once you have the bug, it bites bad.

Please only count guns and suppressors where you paid the $5 or $200 tax to transfer/make. I don't want people with a SOT and too much free time to come in and screw up the poll. :-P You may count things being transferred that you have paid the tax on.

Last edited:

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I will be watching the results of this pole.
    I am wondering how big of a problem I have. ;)

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I just started in March of this year, and I already have 3. This is not going to be good for my wallet.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    3, all three of which were submitted this year and approved in the last 45 days. I will submit two more this year, maybe 3.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    It only says guns on the poll question. Lucky for me its a range for me and the number of suppressors I have (1) does not change it my answer.

I also assume its not including any that we have sold. I have sold two NFA items.

I feel like MGs should count triple or something since they are like 3 times harder to get. :) I could have a mountain of SBRs and Suppressors if I sold the MGs.

And you can talk about the NFA club... Big Brother already knows and even took your picture and finger prints most a lot of the time!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, I screwed up the poll question because I forgot about suppressors when I made it. Ah well. Count your suppressors, please.

I can probably guess who some of the higher rollers are, but even I'm impressed by the people who hit 40+. I hope those were a lot of AOWs, guys... on a form 4.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I can probably guess who some of the higher rollers are, but even I'm impressed by the people who hit 40+. I hope those were a lot of AOWs, guys... on a form 4.

Yeah I am guessing they are suppressor guys. I know one and its like a 3 to 1 ratio of suppressors to other NFA items I am guessing.

Not that I am judging but lets just say the investment in a $300 suppressor is not really the same as a high end MG. The high end Suppressor is probably still cheaper than most SBRs. The most expensive SBRs are still probably cheaper than the cheaper MGs. So like normal quantity does not necessarily speak to investment.

However the Tax paid part sure does suck... 40 stamps...$8K to the ATF... just for one person to exercise his 2A. Thats assuming no second stamps on the transfers.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Not that I am judging but lets just say the investment in a $300 suppressor is not really the same as a high end MG. The high end Suppressor is probably still cheaper than most SBRs. The most expensive SBRs are still probably cheaper than the cheaper MGs. So like normal quantity does not necessarily speak to investment.

How far can you see from that horse of yours? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom