• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schnejerator

dabbled in pacifism once
    Sep 26, 2014
    haggistucky
    My previously denied Form 1 (29.5" Post SB281 Mega lower) was approved late last night. Submitted 12/10.

7778e5c7-73a7-4b55-b9cf-a2ba5f848ba3.jpg

Last edited:

drfroglegs

TheFrogAssassin
    Jun 11, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    APPROVED!!!

My Form 1 that was submitted on 10/14 disapproved back on 12/9, and was resubmitted on 12/9 was just approved.

It was previously disapproved by Ted Clutter, and he was the one that approved the new one.

Boys.. I dare say we have turned a corner :party29::party29::party29:

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    APPROVED!!!

My Form 1 that was submitted on 10/14 disapproved back on 12/9, and was resubmitted on 12/9 was just approved.

It was previously disapproved by Ted Clutter, and he was the one that approved the new one.

Boys.. I dare say we have turned a corner :party29::party29::party29:

OAL? Is this the 29.5" one you started a thread over?

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Everyone should also thank Brittany Stouffer of Stouffer Legal. She has been in touch with Ted Clutter, Jason Dicken, and Cpl. Edwards from day one. She met with the ATF last week at SHOT Show and pushed the issue. She went back to the ATF's booth multiple times during the 3 day show to speak with as many of the ATF's staff as possible in order to make sure everyone was on the same page. Is it coincidence that they start approving right after everyone gets back from SHOT Show? I think not. Thank you Stouffer Legal for your dedication and hard work!

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

drfroglegs

TheFrogAssassin
    Jun 11, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Everyone should also thank Brittany Stouffer of Stouffer Legal. She has been in touch with Ted Clutter, Jason Dicken, and Cpl. Edwards from day one. She met with the ATF last week at SHOT Show and pushed the issue. She went back to the ATF's booth multiple times during the 3 day show to speak with as many of the ATF's staff as possible in order to make sure everyone was on the same page. Is it coincidence that they start approving right after everyone gets back from SHOT Show? I think not. Thank you Stouffer Legal for your dedication and hard work!

Just googled Stouffer Legal

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Why were they involved? Is she particularly involved with the gun community? Just curious?

drfroglegs

TheFrogAssassin
    Jun 11, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    She's an IP here. She does NFA trusts and is very involved w/the md firearms community. Disclaimer: she also used to be my employer.

Good to know. Forgive my ignorance, I've only lived here for ~1yr... I'll definitely send my business her way in the future if I need to update my Trust. Thanks.

PS: Nate, how do you like the home for the 762 Specwar I got a few weeks ago from you guys?

May 16, 2012
    How do you measure OAL for your SBR apps? Measure OAL with pistol tube, OAL with stock collapsed, OAL with stock fully extended? I've got an 11.5" HBAR AR pistol that I'm looking to stamp.

e: also, are manually operated centerfire rifles under 29" okay, or do those have to be over 29" as well? Visions of SBR'd mares legs dancing in my head.

drfroglegs

TheFrogAssassin
    Jun 11, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    How do you measure OAL for your SBR apps? Measure OAL with pistol tube, OAL with stock collapsed, OAL with stock fully extended? I've got an 11.5" HBAR AR pistol that I'm looking to stamp.

I've always just added 19" to the length of the barrel... So you would put 30.5" IMHO. To my knowledge you're suppose to measure with the stock extended.

You can look up rifles and see what they put as OAL and barrel length.. For instance, the rifle below is listed as 29.875" total length with 10.3" barrel, so that suggests yours will be 30.875" with a barrel 1" longer if you have the same style stock.. If not, find your stock on a rifle that lists OAL if you want to be ubber specific.. Otherwise, just put 305" and be done with it (or measure it).

https://danieldefense.com/firearms/carbine-length/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-mk18-factory-sbr-black.html

Note, the measurement you put should not include the muzzle device if it is removable.

May 16, 2012
    Barrels on new SBR ARs can be lightweight, right? Since they're not rifles? Want to know for future reference if I decide to make a new upper for this guy.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Fantastic news! Thanks to all who have worked so hard to get this mess straightened out. Been holding off on submitting another Form 1 but it looks like meat's back on the menu!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom