• ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Shipping killed me on this one.

ec56afa5732616c31f4eab5ab222b9d1.jpg

Interesting coincidence ...

My wife and I got DNA kits for Christmas to determine things like ethnic heritage, and mine just came back showing 2% Finland.

My people have fought hard and struggled long! :party29:

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    I wonder why they cut the nylon strap. Anyone know?

It looks like someone had a need to open a whole lot of cases with as little trouble as possible. If that was the situation, a hot knife would be much faster than unbuckling a bunch of straps. My educated guess is that maybe those boxes were opened and dumped out, at some point for a practical reason, then repaired and re-filled later, for sale to us.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    I had the same question. Sportsmans Guide cut mine too.

Why are you so sure that SG cut the strap? If they did, that would kill my theory ... but I think it's more likely that the straps were cut sometime in the past, then someone realized that they could sell the boxes, filled, by sewing the straps together again and re-packing them.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    Why are you so sure that SG cut the strap? If they did, that would kill my theory ... but I think it's more likely that the straps were cut sometime in the past, then someone realized that they could sell the boxes, filled, by sewing the straps together again and re-packing them.

Good point, not sure why they would do so.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    The BBT of happiness just dropped off a package. As he handed it to me, the driver said, "They must have had a pretty good sale on these. That's about the fifth one I've delivered today!"

Hmm ... not sure if the others were K-31s, or even if they were guns from AIM, but it's nice to know that there are others in my area who are ordering guns.

Opened a very well packaged rifle, and it's a nice one. It has clearly been used, but not abused. No beaver chews. The stock doesn't appear to have any big dents, cracks, or chips that stand out. The finish is overall very nice. No spectacular pattern in the wood, but it's got a nice grain.

Best of all, though, is the trigger pull. This is my first Swiss rifle. I was surprised at how much slack there is, but once that's taken up, it takes only a light squeeze to get remarkably smooth results. Really looking forward to shooting this one!

Pics to follow ...

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    So my Polish K98 finally made it to the bunker...

It's really dirty but no rust (aside from the bayonet lug which has a good amount of rust on it). It's been scrubbed of most polish markings with the exception of what most believe are polish proof marks. These Polish rifles are really hard to decipher. And then there is this writing in pencil inside the stock and upper handguard. I read it as "Lore Madurez Rodriguez" then there is a 3 behind the name and what looks like the date of 18-8-48 (which does not really jive with a Spanish Civil War rifle) trying to make it out for sure... Just think it's kinda cool.

Anyone read it as something else?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 201

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    The BBT of happiness just dropped off a package. As he handed it to me, the driver said, "They must have had a pretty good sale on these. That's about the fifth one I've delivered today!"

Hmm ... not sure if the others were K-31s, or even if they were guns from AIM, but it's nice to know that there are others in my area who are ordering guns.

Opened a very well packaged rifle, and it's a nice one. It has clearly been used, but not abused. No beaver chews. The stock doesn't appear to have any big dents, cracks, or chips that stand out. The finish is overall very nice. No spectacular pattern in the wood, but it's got a nice grain.

Best of all, though, is the trigger pull. This is my first Swiss rifle. I was surprised at how much slack there is, but once that's taken up, it takes only a light squeeze to get remarkably smooth results. Really looking forward to shooting this one!

Pics to follow ...

I thought my K31 trigger was great, but my 1911 rifle is even better. I actually thought it might be broken at first, it is so light.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

Pics to follow ...
    ''

The BBT of happiness is on my shit list.. they brought me this the other day...

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
      unnamed (3).jpg
      24.3 KB · Views: 188
    • unnamed (6).jpg
      unnamed (6).jpg
      41.3 KB · Views: 184
    • unnamed (2).jpg
      unnamed (2).jpg
      57.4 KB · Views: 182
    • unnamed.jpg
      unnamed.jpg
      56 KB · Views: 183

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    ''

The BBT of happiness is on my shit list.. they brought me this the other day...

That's freakin' criminal!

Sometimes you wonder if there are anti-gun folks working in some of these places who think they are doing the world a favor by jumping on these. They aren't that easy to break! The driver who delivered a rifle to me yesterday clearly knew what was in the box. If he were an anti-gun type, he could easily have broken the thing (but he was just the opposite). AIM double-boxed my rifle, so it would have been harder to damage than some shipments other places have sent.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    they were supposed to call me yesterday and didnt.
    Has anyone made a claim before? How do they do the claim? IF/when they pay do they take the rifle??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom