• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I work in the Inner Harbor and have a bit of advice I would like to share:
    1- Stay within a 2-3 blocks of the water and you are in a relatively safe area. If you stray too far from the water you might end up in the wrong part of town- Baltimore is unique in that neighborhoods change drastically within one block.
    2- Steelers gear (I see you are from Pittsburgh) should be OK because the Ravens won the other week. Don't wear Steelers stuff right after they beat the Ravens.
    3- Phillips is a full blown tourist trap, find somewhere else.

NavyDavy

Retired Navy
    Oct 12, 2010
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    I'll be staying at the Hotel Monaco which is located at 2 North Charles Street. More than a couple blocks away from the water, but I should be fine. I only have to walk a 1/2 block to work every day. I'll be with a large group of people, most of whom I won't meet until this Wednesday.

I'll bring a 3" folding knife but probably no OC spray. Not bringing any firearms. Two and a half weeks away from my firearms, never done this before. I'll be going to On Target on the weekends for a gunpowder fix.

mybreathyourlung

Aug 16, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I work in the Inner Harbor and have a bit of advice I would like to share:
    1- Stay within a 2-3 blocks of the water and you are in a relatively safe area. If you stray too far from the water you might end up in the wrong part of town- Baltimore is unique in that neighborhoods change drastically within one block.

Yeah, as long as you basically walk anywhere straight north from the harbor you'll be fine. Traveling east/west will result in you getting awkward. The only exception is right east of the harbor into Fells/Canton.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome for your stay, it's a better place to visit than to live.

Don't need to limit to 3 in if you don't want to.

Riding the Light Rail no different than walking on an urban street.

Be sure to try Lexington Mkt for lunch, more good choices than you can count.

NavyDavy

Retired Navy
    Oct 12, 2010
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    I got into Baltimore yesterday and went to the Inner Harbor with some co-workers to see if it was as I remembered. I am sorry to say I was sadly disappointed. Had dinner at Philips buffet, disappointed there also. I don't want to insult the people of this community but that place is run down.

Later this week I'll go over to the Harbor East and see what that's like. Hopefully there will be fewer homeless people asking for money there.

Guess I just had to see it to believe to see it.

EWO

AGC / Monumental Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Ellicott City MD
    I doubt you will insult many. Most admit Baltimore is a dump, to put it nicely.

Oh, and make sure not to get into an argument over a parking spot. That apparently will get you killed down there. :rolleyes:

mbarker

Aug 15, 2010
    If you are staying in Hotel Monaco, there is a real nice restaurant in the hotel called B&O Brasserie. Awesome food and great drinks

Mr H

Banana'd
    I got into Baltimore yesterday and went to the Inner Harbor with some co-workers to see if it was as I remembered. I am sorry to say I was sadly disappointed. Had dinner at Philips buffet, disappointed there also. I don't want to insult the people of this community but that place is run down.

Later this week I'll go over to the Harbor East and see what that's like. Hopefully there will be fewer homeless people asking for money there.

I grew up in the area, and watched the revitalization of the Inner Harbor. I left in '82, and by the time I came back in '89 the decline had already begun.

Now, I avoid the city whenever I can, and only go to the ballparks and the Inner Harbor in daylight hours.

As far as eating at Phillips goes... I warned ya- the place is a tourist trap. Please heed my advice on the staying near the water.
    Harbor East is more upscale. The Baltimore scum hasn't found it yet.

NavyDavy

Retired Navy
    Oct 12, 2010
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Well I went to On Target around 10:00am on Saturday. It was packed but the staff was very attentive and I got in pretty quick. What a nice place, different from any gun shop I've ever been in. They do take care of the customers! Too bad they are so busy they don't have time to clean the firearms. I actually had a hard time seeing the front sight because it was so dirty until I wiped it down. I shot a SIG P220 and a 9mm H&K. I had a good time and highly reccomend this place to anyone else visiting.

Don't ask me how much I spent on the cab!!!

Also got some Popeye's, always a favorite of NavyDavy's.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I was there Saturday morning. You should have stopped and said hello. I was wearing a MDS sweatshirt. My wife and I were down on lane 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom