• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Still OK for 8th day release even without MSP "Not disapproved".

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Pick up the phone!

Seriously, folks are reporting MSP response of 2-3 days. Give them a call to see what's up.

Although, by law, you're good to go.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    And when I purchased firearms (new) from the LGS they never released the firearm before the not disapproved memo. Guess its just CYA.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    And when I purchased firearms (new) from the LGS they never released the firearm before the not disapproved memo. Guess its just CYA.

The law only says that it is permissible. A dealer may hold the firearm until recieving the memo, or release on the 8th day. This was quite the contoversy a few years ago, many people got upset at people calling for boycots of dealers who refused, others wanted the courts to order the places to release.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    The law only says that it is permissible. A dealer may hold the firearm until recieving the memo, or release on the 8th day. This was quite the contoversy a few years ago, many people got upset at people calling for boycots of dealers who refused, others wanted the courts to order the places to release.

It was a bad time for all.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    MSP must be running slow, I am on day 13 on a transfer. No paperwork back yet

Yeah, ef all that.

I sold my Kimber to a member here back in the glory days, 4 months later they sent me the paperwork back. Glad he wasn't a prohibited person!:sad20:

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    Call up liscencing, when I did a transfer a few months back they told me that they'll only contact the seller if there is a problem and not to expect to hear from them if check is good.

Of course, I only found that out after waiting 2 weeks and the BG check was done on day 3 :sad20:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Call up liscencing, when I did a transfer a few months back they told me that they'll only contact the seller if there is a problem and not to expect to hear from them if check is good.

Of course, I only found that out after waiting 2 weeks and the BG check was done on day 3 :sad20:

I thought they sent paperwork to the seller that needed to be signed and sent back??

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    They changed the way they do it. They keep one copy at initial contact at msp, sign and return one after transfer, and keep the third copy for yourself. I don't remember what colors went where. I was the buyer this last time so I didn't have to worry too much about that part.

Best bet is to call liscencing and get it straight from them. At first they told me that the instructions were on the forms, but I didn't have them since I was buying. They also wouldn't give any info to the seller when he tried calling to see if the check had passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom