• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    MidwayUSA has Ruger BX 25 mags on sale today only for 17.99! Find a friend in another state to ship them to and stock up.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I would but I bought more Butler creeks than I will likely ever need.

I'm gonna start swapping out all my Butler Creek, Ramline, and Eagle mags with the new BX 25 mags. My most recent brand new Butler Creek mag won't even cycle a single round. The clear ones are the worst offenders. My clear mags barely make it a year with irregular use.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    I'm gonna start swapping out all my Butler Creek, Ramline, and Eagle mags with the new BX 25 mags. My most recent brand new Butler Creek mag won't even cycle a single round. The clear ones are the worst offenders. My clear mags barely make it a year with irregular use.

My Butler Creeks have been a nightmare. Supposedly they are adjustable, but somehow they don't quite adjust the way I want them to.

Will get some BX25's next time I go to Chantilly.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    My Butler Creeks have been a nightmare. Supposedly they are adjustable, but somehow they don't quite adjust the way I want them to.

Will get some BX25's next time I go to Chantilly.

Intestine my steel lips have been great

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Intestine my steel lips have been great

Factory mags have always worked great, but I could never get the Butler Creek mags to feed reliably with the Bentz chamber in my GM barrel. They would work for a while until the chamber dirtied up a bit, then rounds would hang up halfway.

To add to this, the hex head adjusters are wearing away at the corners of the receiver magwell.

ali

Nov 2, 2011
    I found that the 25rd ruger factory mag is the only high-cap mag that works well with my GM match barrel as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom