• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I am so glad I stocked up on the Greek HXP .30/06 stuff several years ago, it was $65.00 per 192 rounds in bandoliers in M1 Garand en bloc clips in sealed spam cans.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I just got 400 rounds of HXP on clips from Cheaper than Dirt for $230 something shipped. The CMP price is pretty good too, though.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Yes, the HXP stuff is fine. I have shot at least four different years of it, currently 1989, in local C&R/Vintage matches at AGC on Marriottsville Road. I am using a Winchester Garand presently mit 1943 WRA barrel and it is one fine shooter. Have had a few small groups under a MOA, rested at 100 yards while preparing for an event and managed a 275 and a 277/300 with the HXP 89 in 2011.

For those interested, the next match, open to the public and sponsored by Maryland Rifle Club will be held at the 200 yard line on Nov 8th. Everyone welcome and bring your rifle of choice. Small entry fee and laid back, fun shoot.

The course of fire is simple...five sighters to start out followed by 10 slow fire, 10 slow sitting and 10 offhand on standard SR target at 200 yards. Top three scores in Oct 14 were: 277, 275 and 274. I was nowhere in the running that round, but at 74 and with back issues that are age related, I shot my worst ever with a Garand.

I have an extensive Garand collection and am selling several Harrington and Richardson Garands right now as I trim the herd.

Lew--Ranger63

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    I got the same deal as Alphabrew at CTD. I also just joined M1 collectors to be able to purchase from CMP. So I will support them in the future.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    I am so glad I stocked up on the Greek HXP .30/06 stuff several years ago, it was $65.00 per 192 rounds in bandoliers in M1 Garand en bloc clips in sealed spam cans.
    Yep.
    So glad I got 10 cans of it back when it cost about 25¢ a round, including shipping.
    Just wish I had bought more!

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Yes, the HXP stuff is fine. I have shot at least four different years of it, currently 1989, in local C&R/Vintage matches at AGC on Marriottsville Road. I am using a Winchester Garand presently mit 1943 WRA barrel and it is one fine shooter. Have had a few small groups under a MOA, rested at 100 yards while preparing for an event and managed a 275 and a 277/300 with the HXP 89 in 2011.

For those interested, the next match, open to the public and sponsored by Maryland Rifle Club will be held at the 200 yard line on Nov 8th. Everyone welcome and bring your rifle of choice. Small entry fee and laid back, fun shoot.

The course of fire is simple...five sighters to start out followed by 10 slow fire, 10 slow sitting and 10 offhand on standard SR target at 200 yards. Top three scores in Oct 14 were: 277, 275 and 274. I was nowhere in the running that round, but at 74 and with back issues that are age related, I shot my worst ever with a Garand.

I have an extensive Garand collection and am selling several Harrington and Richardson Garands right now as I trim the herd.

Lew--Ranger63

Where are you selling them Lew?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

You just bragging or will you put these on sale in your shop?:innocent0

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    DO NOT BUY AMMO FROM CMP!!! I repeat DO NOT BUY IT. It will kaboom your rifle and give you Face AIDs.

I will gladly take one for the team and buy all the CMP ammo you guys aren't buying.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    DO NOT BUY AMMO FROM CMP!!! I repeat DO NOT BUY IT. It will kaboom your rifle and give you Face AIDs.

I will gladly take one for the team and buy all the CMP ammo you guys aren't buying.

Good points! Also, CMP ammo came from Greece by way of West Africa and is likely contaminated with Ebola. I suggest everyone stay away. I've already been exposed so I'll just keep shooting it.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom