• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I ordered 1K rounds of 9mm during their most recent sale of 9mm. Its been a week and the order hasn't even shipped yet. Glad I wasn't especially low. That's a long time to shipment

I guess you never ordered from PSA.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Glad to hear all the positive reports, I have to give them a try.

Todays special is 9mm for $200 a case (1000); that's prepanic prices. I predict will get even cheaper before it goes back up during the next crisis.

At the Jailbreak 'meet-up' a friend (who shall remain anonymous unless he posts here :-)) - donated a box of Freedom Munitions 9mm to the 'free' auction and gave me a box to boot, thanks! I will likely be able to try it out this Saturday.

As far as I understand it, this is the only company that manufactures ammo and sells it directly to customers without any middle men. Also, 100% made in America components, employees, ownership and shipping.

After a few weeks of asking around and checking out this company the only 'not so perfect' news I found was a recommendation from a friend that has purchased a lot of ammo from them says they have good stuff - but recommended against buying their 300BLK ammo. This was nearly a week ago, and I don't know if he meant just their reman (reloaded) ammo or some specific new 300blk rounds. In any case I tell you all this in full disclosure. I'm now tempted to buy some 300blk just to test their ammo and give my own report. Undecided.

Any opinions? :)

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I've run through 3-4k of their 9mm and at least 1k of their .223/5.56 with no issues. I do usually buy their new ammo but did buy reloads during the panic last year and all fired w/o issue. My last order (within 30 days) was 9mm and it arrived in about a week.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Darn it, why do they always run free shipping when I'm low on cash?

Must. Resist. Buying.

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    Several thousand of 9mm and 5.56 here. I've only used their "new" rounds, and I've never had a single problem.

May 26, 2014
    I bought 500 boxes of 124gr 9mm because of the good reviews. But my nano and sub2000 hates them with frequent FTEs. The FTEs was so bad in my sub2000, the casing chipped off part of the frame and I had to send it back to kel tec for repair. Both firearms were fine before with Winchester and Aquilar and have been fine since using them again. The sub2000 is a blowback action and you can feel the lack of recoil right before the FTE. The load doesn't seem hot enough.

That being said, I have a px4 storm that has no problem with it. But it'll eat through cheap remans without issue either. Freedom munition is not for me.

vfr750f

Feb 2, 2008
    Since I haven't been able to find powder, I bought 500 rounds of their remanufactured 9mm, 250 rounds of their new .45, and 250 rounds of their new 10mm. This was my first order with them. On the first box of 9mm, I had a failure to extract from my Star B (no problem, I thought, that's par for the course for the Star). When I extracted the case, I noticed it was a 9mm Makarov case! I now inspect the headstamps whenever I start a new box. This morning I was shooting the new .45 auto ammo, and had a round that exhibited very little recoil and failed to cycle the slide. No bore obstruction, so the bullet cleared the barrel, but that case was clearly undercharged. Not impressed with Freedom so far. I did email them concerning the 9mm Makarov, and got a response thanking me for pointing out the problem.

Nodak Kid

Jun 30, 2013
    USA
    Received a email notification stating they'll be offering Free shipping starting 28-Nov through the weekend.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Sad to hear of the pistol ammo problems. I've only used their cheapest .223 reloads, just used the last of 500 rounds a few weeks ago, no problems in either my AR or Savage Edge bolt gun. As for accuracy, couldn't see any difference compared to most other run-of-the-mill low cost .55gr FMJ loads.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Picked up 1500 of their 147gr new that they just restocked. Free shipping as a first time customer too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom