• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Jumped on some Black Friday deals at dick's in Dover. Little did I know in DE you can't sell firearms before 7am. Wtf?!? So I woke up to make the hour drive to Dover (visiting family in DE for thanksgiving) 2hrs before I needed to! Could have slept in till 5:45 instead of waking up at 3:45!!!

The to top it off they didn't mention till I did the paperwork and bought the guns that they weren't running the paperwork till Saturday night and I have to drive home Sunday morning. So I may have had to drive 5hrs round trip to pick them up!!!

I get being too busy to run the checks on a flow basis, but fine print in your store ad somewhere that says store opens at 5am, but firearms sales cannot occur until 7am would be nice. Also letting people know up front when they saddle up to the counter, that they won't run checks till the next night would also be nice.

I'll grant I am a little less annoyed now as I just got the call a few minutes ago that I can go pick up my guns. So I can drive over on my way home (still 45 minutes out of my way, which is more of a hassle than hanging around while they run me, but better than a 5hr drive after work one night). At least I dodge that, but still so much added hassle.

Picked up a mossberg plinkster and Remington 870 (well, will be tomorrow now).

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The prices are low for a reason, too, and being organized is not it.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    BelAir store was open 6pm Thur. nite n they were doing nics checks on the spot. My daughters boyfriend took home his purchase that nite n brought it over to show me yesterday morning.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    BelAir store was open 6pm Thur. nite n they were doing nics checks on the spot. My daughters boyfriend took home his purchase that nite n brought it over to show me yesterday morning.

I wish. I got them and I didn't have to drive all the way back out, so I am unbent now, but still so much more of a pain than it needed to be. They had maybe 5 people working the counter and there might have been a dozen of us there over the 30 minutes it took too.

Still seems like they could have managed it without making people wait too long. And then no having to drive all the way back to DE. Also just noticed they ****ed it up. I asked for the 870 with 26" barrel, guess what, 28". Grrr.

Probably not the end of the world, especially because I was very on the fence about barrel size and mostly this will be a trap, turkey and goose gun. But one more in a line of annoyances.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Og, but they did have 2 3/4" target shells on sale so I got to pick a bunch up. Hoping I can go trap shooting for the first time in a couple of weekends. Also hoping I didn't break my toe earlier tonight and have to cancel deer hunting on sautrday :-(

HazyDayz

Jul 17, 2014
    Washington County
    Hagerstown was running checks on the spot and people were walking out with their purchases. I was hoping to pick up an axis in .308, but they sold out.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That was the thing, the Dover location just didn't seem that busy. There were 6 people ahead of me when I got my butt up from my nap in the car and went back in at 6:40. Not a one of them was buying a plinkster or 870. Course they were almost out of stock on the 870. All they had left were a couple of wood furniture 28" barrel 12ga, which was fine by me! They had a bunch of Axis, which was kind of my back up if they were out of the plinkster and 870 was to get an axis in .223 or .243. My only gun was a CVA wolf until this past weekend and I wanted something a little faster firing for the range and some new hunting options.

Now just time to start stock piling .22lr, like every other gun owning person in the God fearing states of murica. At least I have some on hand. Just too bad everyone else snapped up the limited inventory stores were selling on BF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom