• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Small world, I'm working on my 66 mustang convertible also... owned it since high school in 74 but it had gotten so bad it's been off the road for 10 years or more. Thought it was too rusted to repair but thankfully I was wrong, although little original metal left on it. Finally working on putting it back together instead of tearing it apart.

Cool. I get a lot of parts from Virginia Mustang. Good folks. I need to replace the rear leaf springs and repair the drivers door. Although to get it out on the road I just need to fix the drivers door. Window falls down and the inside latch is not working.

You can see pics of my Cobra build here. Cobra Build

Still a work in progress.

Dave

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Cool. I get a lot of parts from Virginia Mustang. Good folks. I need to replace the rear leaf springs and repair the drivers door. Although to get it out on the road I just need to fix the drivers door. Window falls down and the inside latch is not working.

You can see pics of my Cobra build here. Cobra Build

Still a work in progress.

Dave

not my intent to hijack OPs thread but what the hell I'll do it anyway...lol. your cobra project looks great !
    Most of my replacement sheetmetal came from VA Mustang, my car needed a LOT. But then my car headed more in a restomod direction, and VA Mustang doesn't have a lot of those kinds of parts. I gravitated toward CJ Pony Parts in Harrisburg due to close proximity and quick delivery. I have 2 days in on my wiring, dash and rear end are wired, going to wait to do all the front end wiring until after I drop the motor in, to route it best to hide it as much as possible. Another hour or 2 on the wiring, then route fuel and brake lines and I should be ready to drop my motor back in. I'll be way upside down on this car when it's done, but dad brought it home for us to restore back in 73 or so, and he and I are working on it again together now, so that is priceless to me. couple pics although it's way more back together than these pics show.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      86.6 KB · Views: 102
    • P51.jpg
      P51.jpg
      84.6 KB · Views: 106
    • 24.jpg
      24.jpg
      98.9 KB · Views: 100
    • P53.jpg
      P53.jpg
      92.5 KB · Views: 102

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    CJ Pony parts is great one of my good friends works there.
    Where are all my Mopar people. Dont think I've seen one here yet. Im looking to get a 9.25" rear rebuild for my 73 440 Charger.
    Obligatory racing picture from Autocross in Frederick Saturday
    BXBmocB.jpg

NAYM4OS.jpg

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    not my intent to hijack OPs thread but what the hell I'll do it anyway...lol. your cobra project looks great !
    Most of my replacement sheetmetal came from VA Mustang, my car needed a LOT. But then my car headed more in a restomod direction, and VA Mustang doesn't have a lot of those kinds of parts. I gravitated toward CJ Pony Parts in Harrisburg due to close proximity and quick delivery. I have 2 days in on my wiring, dash and rear end are wired, going to wait to do all the front end wiring until after I drop the motor in, to route it best to hide it as much as possible. Another hour or 2 on the wiring, then route fuel and brake lines and I should be ready to drop my motor back in. I'll be way upside down on this car when it's done, but dad brought it home for us to restore back in 73 or so, and he and I are working on it again together now, so that is priceless to me. couple pics although it's way more back together than these pics show.

Mine is stock. I will post a pic when I can. It is a A Code red with black interior.

I like the colors you chose. Very nice.

Dave

Jun 20, 2014
    I will toss my 2 cents in to this post. This was restored from just about junk. Took me 4 years to get it drivable. Total of six years to make it nice. :party29:

Attachments

• 0522001459 (2).jpg
      0522001459 (2).jpg
      65.5 KB · Views: 79

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom