• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spiffy

Oct 31, 2009
    should i be sending ALL pages of the application?

right now i have the LiveScan receipt, pages 7, 10, 12, 13, two photos and a check for $75

I'm going to send it this afternoon directly from the PO as Registered mail.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Hmmm, the zip code listed on the application form is 21208. I hope that didn't confuse the USPS guy. :innocent0

I sent mine to the 21208 zip code, which is plainly and clearly in the application. Thankfully, It seems that it got corrected by the post office. I'm waiting till Tuesday ("delivered" yesterday - thanks to a delay of one day because I sent it express and no one signed for it Wednesday) to see if they cash my check, if not, I'll call to verify my information was received.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Apparently a USPS machine malfunctioned and a few apps were erroneously sent to a different PO. I think those arrived at MSP yesterday.

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Well I thought I was mailing mine out today. Turns out you need an appointment to get the live scans done and they don't take same day appointments. So it will be Monday when mine will hit the mail.

spiffy

Oct 31, 2009
    Where I went, they took walk-ins, but people with appts had priority (the people who were waiting when i got there, got mad that they took me first, and were still waiting when I left). The guy running the office said they've been busy and walk-ins would be waiting a while.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Just putting this out there....I don't suppose there mayhap be a kinds soul here that might be willing to round up a couple of the print cards (blue/white and the purple one) and mail them off to me? I still haven't heard anything from MSP or gotten anything in the mail from them.

I'd like to get in on all this action you folks got going on here. :D

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Just putting this out there....I don't suppose there mayhap be a kinds soul here that might be willing to round up a couple of the print cards (blue/white and the purple one) and mail them off to me? I still haven't heard anything from MSP or gotten anything in the mail from them.

I'd like to get in on all this action you folks got going on here. :D

Well, you must have missed the memo(This thread or another). MD will not be taking the print cards in about 3 days, you might as well schedule an electronic scan. Unless of course you want the print cards for a FL or Utah application. You should get print cards in your FL app.

EDIT: Opps, I see you are from PA...Say no more...Print cards should still be accepted from out of state.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Well, you must have missed the memo(This thread or another). MD will not be taking the print cards in about 3 days, you might as well schedule an electronic scan. Unless of course you want the print cards for a FL or Utah application. You should get print cards in your FL app.

Maryland will still take them for out of state applicants:

2012 Licensing Division Fingerprint Rules Notice said:
    One exception to the above procedure exists. If you are an applicant who maintains a primary residence outside of Maryland AND this address is supported by an out of state driver’s license you may continue to submit State and Federal fingerprint cards. All other applicants who submit fingerprint cards obtained after March 19, 2012, will have their application rejected.

JCENTSR6

Mar 15, 2012
    Can we hand deliver the apps in person to the address? And how can I prove that I handed it to them at that time?

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Ok so I'm going in for my finger print scans today at 2:45 is there anything I need to know? Besides getting a receipt? Though they did email me one already since I pre-paid.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Ok so I'm going in for my finger print scans today at 2:45 is there anything I need to know? Besides getting a receipt? Though they did email me one already since I pre-paid.

The receipt they already emailed you is just your payment receipt. You should receive two additional receipts from your provider when you get your prints done, both CJIS receipts - one goes with the application package, the other is your proof copy that the CJIS process has been started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom