• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    pop pop pop pop pop kablam, plink, oh crap!, damn, what happened? damn, oh shit....where? what? huh? there! what? Oh...nevermind

This is the sound of crazyal's rapid fire string

natecade1

Nov 16, 2008
    Shady Side, MD
    Guthook when did you leave?

Place was empty except rockythedog when I got there. A few others came later nut I was the only one with an AR.
    I put about 300 rounds through two ARs with no malfunctions :)
    Neither were sighted in. Now they are. Hitting ¾" dead accurate groups at 100 yards with the 20" barrel. Couldn't get the carbine to do half well that well.
    A2 sights on the rifle, magpul flip ups on the carbine. Can't figure out what's wrong with it.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Guthook when did you leave?

Place was empty except rockythedog when I got there. A few others came later nut I was the only one with an AR.
    I put about 300 rounds through two ARs with no malfunctions :)
    Neither were sighted in. Now they are. Hitting ¾" dead accurate groups at 100 yards with the 20" barrel. Couldn't get the carbine to do half well that well.
    A2 sights on the rifle, magpul flip ups on the carbine. Can't figure out what's wrong with it.

Left somewhere around 2:30. Got there around 10:30. I had the big green jacket on. I was also shooting a carbine and a 20" A2.

Sounds like you did better than me. I got a decent 1-1/2" 30rd group, but that was at 50yds. I just aim at the middle of the blur. Eyes ain't what they used to be. Not that bad for 30 round groups and bad eyes though. :) :thumbsup:

natecade1

Nov 16, 2008
    Shady Side, MD
    Doc says I have 20/15 vision. Better than good :)

I use thick lined crosshairs with a ¾ red dot at center on computer paper. I can still see the lines at 100 so I have good vertical and horizontal reference points.

Then I tried my 10/22 with 9x scope and couldn't even hit the clays someone left on the berm. Smh.
    I attribute that to the federal bulk pack ammo though.

Where you driving the green navigator that was pulling out when I pulled I .

natecade1

Nov 16, 2008
    Shady Side, MD
    Also I never attempted any 30 round groups. These were ten round groups. O was shooting about the same with carbine at 50 but at 100 it was about 4"
    Maybe a rifling problem.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Also I never attempted any 30 round groups. These were ten round groups. O was shooting about the same with carbine at 50 but at 100 it was about 4"
    Maybe a rifling problem.

Not necessarily, not insinuating anything about you with this comment, but any flaws in the fundamentals become more apparent as the distance increases.

Practice more at 100 instead of 50 and I'm sure you'll see improvements.

If not, then it may be an issue with the firearm or the ammo your using. ;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Al's going back in the morning, he's a glutton for punishment.

He talked me into going, hope the weather's crappy, have the range to ourselves then. :party29:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Careful what you wish for. He may try to snuggle with you if it's too cold.

:lol: :lol2:

I didn't need that thought before trying to get to sleep... :sad20:

I told him what the weather's supposed to be like, so if he's cold and wet, that's on him..., better get the heat going in your truck then. :D

If nothing else I bring a few extra packs of the hand-warmer's, they work great on the back of the neck when you have a knit hat on. :thumbsup:

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    :lol: :lol2:

I didn't need that thought before trying to get to sleep... :sad20:

I told him what the weather's supposed to be like, so if he's cold and wet, that's on him..., better get the heat going in your truck then. :D

If nothing else I bring a few extra packs of the hand-warmer's, they work great on the back of the neck when you have a knit hat on. :thumbsup:

Just have Al breathe heavy on your neck while behind you.

*Set yourself up for that one.*

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just have Al breathe heavy on your neck while behind you.

*Set yourself up for that one.*

Ohh, that's an even worse thought before bed.

I'd have to be sitting for that one though, since I'm taller. :lol2:

(I don't think that last sentence is going to sound the way I intended it to...)

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Ohh, that's an even worse thought before bed.

I'd have to be sitting for that one though, since I'm taller. :lol2:

Wait until you have a dream inside a dream, where you roll over and Al is watching you sleep. (With a loving smile on his face.) You'll wake up screaming and Al will hold you lovingly, saying, "What's wrong, Sugarbutt?":omg:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    is that what he does to you? No wonder he asked me everytime i see him if you are coming. LOL

That was good, I actually don't have a response for that just yet..., like a deer in the headlights...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wait until you have a dream inside a dream, where you roll over and Al is watching you sleep. (With a loving smile on his face.) You'll wake up screaming and Al will hold you lovingly, saying, "What's wrong, Sugarbutt?":omg:

Welll, looks like I'm not sleeping tonight!! :lol2:

Thankfully I live on a secured portion of land, thanks to Clandestine's threats of stalking me, I have fortified my position in preparation of that.

Oh god, just had that play out in my head..., I REALLY did not need that...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I met him before I joined MDS, we were blasting clays with his infamous 597's long before I had the 'pleasure' of interacting with Lord Chad.

He was surprised that I already knew about his bolt self-destructing when I talked to him before he got out to Chantilly today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom