• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I dunno, the Swaro Cobra is fairly modern and well-regarded, but they may as well be made of unobtainium - they pop up rather infrequently.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There's one other choice: the TA04, which is the STANAG<->ACOG mount. Doesn't look like its in production anymore, and it's damned expensive, but it'd be a nice choice for a modern ACOG. Guess I might have to hope for a lucky break on the STANAG-native scope front...

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    I've almost got my stock fit, that required a lot more relieving then I originally anticipated.

However, not my bolt no longer falls freely, looks like my rails are still off which is disappointing...

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    I've almost got my stock fit, that required a lot more relieving then I originally anticipated.

However, not my bolt no longer falls freely, looks like my rails are still off which is disappointing...

Let me know if you want to stop by. I have a piece of copper that will wrap the bolt and can be used as a mandrel.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Thanks, will probably take you up on your offer next week? Would like to figure out my barrel and maybe get it pressed at the same time.

Early next week should work. Have you mic'd your trunnion and barrel? I don't have a way to knurl it at the house, but I think I saw someone had found a hand knurler. I'll have to look that up. Worst case, we can rough it up with a punch. That's what I have done for loose sight blocks before.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Early next week should work. Have you mic'd your trunnion and barrel? I don't have a way to knurl it at the house, but I think I saw someone had found a hand knurler. I'll have to look that up. Worst case, we can rough it up with a punch. That's what I have done for loose sight blocks before.

The barrel could be knurled in a manual lathe fairly easy.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville

I found a hand knurler... should be here tomorrow. It is nothing fancy but should work just fine.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Got the hand knurler this weekend. Beyond opening it up, haven't messed too much with it yet.

Got the stock channel cleared enough to fit the flat, but the flat definitely needs more work as the bolt gets stuck at the top.

Also got measurements, my trunion ID was 0.671" and my barrel OD was 0.667". Hunting for my feeler gauges to get an idea of my bolt gap.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    .004 plus the interference sounds very doable. For reference...

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      96.9 KB · Views: 643

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    That's great information to know.. I had heard .002-.003" was easy but am kind of concerned with .004".

My tool is straight knurling, but I don't know the teeth per inch. I can look tonight.

Got my stock finally fit to the flat last night and took a dowel and tapped the bolt through and now it slides around, so happy with that. Need to relieve a bit more on the stock as it still needs taps with a mallet to remove the flat.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Bit of a thread resurrection here, but Apex now has the ENOSA scope packages that go with the LV kits for $400. I ordered one for my LV kit. I figure this resolves the optic issue, and it's hard to imagine that they'll ever get less valuable as collector's items.

http://www.apexgunparts.com/cetme-lv-day-night-scope-set-w-hard-case-very-good.html

That's $400 for the day scope (4x Zeiss/Hensoldt collaboration) and the night scope (which is a 3.5x Gen2 PVS-4 equivalent, but may or may not work) package. Reasonable buy for the day optic, fairly spectacular if the night optic works (mil-spec gen2!). For reference, a "real" Fero 4x and a Z51 would be like a thousand bucks or more (combined).

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    So are mine. Finally got a gen2 flat. The gen1 I got was all crooked so they replaced it. Need to fold it up to see how it comes out. It's a ways down the build project list though.
    IMBLITZVT and I got in on the Enosa scope deal. Hope the NV works.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Someone on ARFCOM got a dead NV scope, so buyer beware. I still think the daylight scope is going to be worth the full $400 for people trying to do a "legit" LV build.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    That's why I haven't bought one of these setups. I would really like one of the NV scopes for one of my 5.56 rifles but I'm not taking that risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom