• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    You aren't listening. The existence of the technology is enough for them to start mandating the use of the technology. It doesn't matter what any FFLs or consumers buy, sell or boycott.

WADR, I'm not sure that's quite right:

In reviewing the status of personalized handgun technology under paragraph (1) of this subsection, the Handgun Roster Board shall consider:

(i) the number and variety of models and calibers of personalized handguns that are available for sale;

As I read the rest of the text, this thing being submitted for approval (which it has... https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/S...e/HandgunRoster/HandgunModels.aspx?manu=22103 )could conceivably be enough to set the wheels in motion.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Let me spell this out for you. No, one dealer selling a gun isn't going to influence legislation. However, one dealer, who is a well known strong supporter of the second amendment, going out of his way to showcase that his company is going to carry this technology does nothing but harm to our cause. Now they have one of us to use to further their agenda. This isn't bush league politics, the left is pushing this hard and engage accepted it like a glock 42. Do you se what I am saying now?

Nope. Antis with a hard-on for this technology WHO HAVE ALREADY WRITTEN THE LAWS don't care what we do or think. This is Maryland. They will do as they please. Do you see what I am saying?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I think I really hit something there.
    images

=

80d17cd287.jpg

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Nope. Antis with a hard-on for this technology WHO HAVE ALREADY WRITTEN THE LAWS don't care what we do or think. This is Maryland. They will do as they please. Do you see what I am saying?

It's like saying the gov would never mandate fire extinguishers if no store would have ever offered them for sale.

Or seat belts.
    Or air bags
    Or any other tech advancement that gets written into law way in advance of it being commonplace.

Not saying this will be commonplace. Just agreeing with Teratos that the existence of the tech is all pols need To write laws.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Let's approach this from another angle for a moment. I would like to address all the gun shops and those who were buying handguns back in 1998 or so. All you young folk can tune out for a while.

There was a product back then with the name of Safe-T-Lock or some such name. It was a grip that had a locking device inside the grip and a series of buttons on the outside of the grip. If memory serves me correctly, it was first being adapted to the 1911 frame.

Every single gun shop in Baltimore had this ill conceived abortion sitting on their counters as a display model for customers to finger and fondle.

This company was listed on the stock exchanges and it did very well for a while. It went from a penny stock to 6 bucks or so in a matter of hours after a mass killing took place. Buy low and sell high as they say.

Even with all that going for it, it failed in the end because American gun buyers simply refused to put gadgets and gimmicks on their handguns. Unlike today where it is perfectly acceptable to turn a 7 pound AR into a boat anchor.

This is just my tinfoil wearing black helicopters talking, but maybe Engage is smart for doing this. This is where it gets really good. Maybe by Engage offering to sell this technology, the public will see first hand how awful this product really and truly is. This would be incredibly sinister and devious on their part, but it may sound the death knell for this technology for once and for all.

I am now all in favor of Engage selling these guns to the American gun buying public.

I feel just like Obama. Evolving.

PS: Engage can PM me a wink if I'm right.

God I love tinfoil.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    You aren't listening. The existence of the technology is enough for them to start mandating the use of the technology. It doesn't matter what any FFLs or consumers buy, sell or boycott.

Or maybe he's listening to your point of view but not buying it? The technology has existed for a while now, and yet NJ hasn't pushed the button. Maybe he's thinking that it's not strictly about the existence of the technology, but more about the endorsement of the technology by shops like Engage.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Let's approach this from another angle for a moment. I would like to address all the gun shops and those who were buying handguns back in 1998 or so. All you young folk can tune out for a while.

There was a product back then with the name of Safe-T-Lock or some such name. It was a grip that had a locking device inside the grip and a series of buttons on the outside of the grip. If memory serves me correctly, it was first being adapted to the 1911 frame.

Every single gun shop in Baltimore had this ill conceived abortion sitting on their counters as a display model for customers to finger and fondle.

This company was listed on the stock exchanges and it did very well for a while. It went from a penny stock to 6 bucks or so in a matter of hours after a mass killing took place. Buy low sell high as they say.

Even with all that going for it, it failed in the end because American gun buyers simply refused to put gadgets and gimmicks on their handguns. Unlike today where it is perfectly acceptable.

This is just my tinfoil wearing black helicopters talking, but maybe Engage is smart for doing this. This is where it gets really good. Maybe by Engage offering to sell this technology, the public will see first hand how awful this product really and truly is. This would be incredibly sinister and devious on their part, but it may sound the death knell for this technology for once and for all.

I am now all in favor of Engage selling these guns to the American gun buying public.

God I love tinfoil.

That product failed. Miserably. I actually like your logic on this one. Legislators can pontificate all they want that "Product X makes us all safer" until they are proven wrong.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I remember seeing, some time in the mid-70's, some sort of contraption installed into the grip of a revolver so that the gun could only be fired by someone wearing a special ring (I think it was magnetic, not really sure about that though) The selling point the was it would prevent a cop being shot with his own gun if it was taken from him. It must not have been very successful. This has been coming for a very long time. I wonder how much testing has been done on this abortion?

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    It sounds like a few are upset about the situation with gun rights laws, and fear it will get worse. For those in that boat, and I believe that is nearly 100% of you, I have some good news - this is an election year here in MD! If you would like laws to change in favor of gun rights, I recommend getting up to speed on the political process, elections, candidates, etc., and doing what you can to support the candidates who support gun rights :)

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011

This company was listed on the stock exchanges and it did very well for a while. It went from a penny stock to 6 bucks or so in a matter of hours after a mass killing took place. Buy low and sell high as they say.

Even with all that going for it, it failed in the end because American gun buyers simply refused to put gadgets and gimmicks on their handguns. Unlike today where it is perfectly acceptable to turn a 7 pound AR into a boat anchor.

God I love tinfoil.

This isn't a new idea. Before the AWB, I believe a company (S&W?) had a gun which couldn't be fired unless the shooter was wearing a paired ring. That design was horrible...now look where we are...

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    The language is already in place for it to be implemented here.

From there, it's a simple step to mandate that all firearms be so equipped once the technology is readily available and proven.

Yep and the greater number of units sold the stronger the argument for 'readily available and proven.' could be.

Not that its really needed..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yep and the greater number of units sold the stronger the argument for 'readily available and proven.' could be.

Not that its really needed..

Numbers sold aren't needed. They don't care. If we don't like it, it makes them happy. Time to start buying handguns.....

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Numbers sold aren't needed. They don't care. If we don't like it, it makes them happy. Time to start buying handguns.....

If that were the case I believe it would already be a requirement.

Edit: As Norton has shown.

TheRealSundance

AK47..All you need
    Oct 21, 2008
    as long as it's not being government-mandated that we all have to have it, i have no issue with engage or anyone else offering it as an option to those who feel it's something they'd prefer to have.

sell it if you want....long as i ain't required to buy it we're cool. ;)

(and of course even then, twouldn't be your fault at all)

True

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom