• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which date could you attend the build party?

• Total voters

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    What a crazy coincidence. This is the first time I've logged into MDS for months and I see a pm about today. I miss another. :( The real strange thing is that I actually spent today doing the same thing: blasting, parking and assembling a 80% receiver SBR build that's been sitting in a tray since before Xmas. I'm going to post a thread about it in the nfa section right after this... That will have more pics and details if anyone is interested.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430000910.290302.jpg

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    What a crazy coincidence. This is the first time I've logged into MDS for months and I see a pm about today. I miss another. :( The real strange thing is that I actually spent today doing the same thing: blasting, parking and assembling a 80% receiver SBR build that's been sitting in a tray since before Xmas. I'm going to post a thread about it in the nfa section right after this... That will have more pics and details if anyone is interested.
    where you cursing like I was putting that latch on?

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda

Which latch? If you mean the front one, I'm convinced that it's impossible. I install them before riveting the front trunnion in... And it's still hard to do, but it's the only way I can get it. If you mean the rear latch, then I've got a half decent system... I can usually get it by my 4th or 5th try.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Lol! Foodpoison, I thought you had Touretts!:lol2:

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks to everyone who brought food today and thank you armed ferret for helping cook it up today. Thanks everyone who brought items to give away as door prizes. It was nice to see all the familiar faces and some new ones. There were a few AKs that got finished up today and parkerized. Seeing people come together and generously Offer their help to each other makes these build parties a pleasure to host.

With that said, would there be enough interest to throw another one in May?

ejholt

Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks again Tim for all that you do for these Parties!

Thanks again for allowing me to use your equipment to get closer to completing my "pistol" build!

hungryjoseph

Apr 23, 2013
    Thanks TC! David and Brandon (two I brought) are grateful as well. Foodpoison - thanks for the trunnion, and TC, thanks for the rivets. The parking came out great.

I am down for May.

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    Thanks again TC for hosting and for putting this together. Had a great time. Thanks to Ferrett for the knowledge. Was able to finish up these two Hungarian beauties.

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    Thanks again for hosting Tim, I'd be in for a may party also. Hopefully I can get that suppressor open before then to bead blast. Also thanks to whoever donated the ammo i'll have to figure out a prize for the next one.

signed b.l.k.sniper

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I also just found this thread. Yes please May! In any case, what are the "best" flats to get?

I've never used anything but the akbuilder flats, but I've been real happy with them. 4 personal builds and several I've helped on without issue.

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    I'm down for a May party. Figured out why I couldn't get a round to fully seat into my 5.45 barrel. While pressing the barrel out the tool slipped and created a small burr on the face of the chamber. Cleaned it up and now they seat fine.
    I believe I cut the ejector down too far. Welding more material on there may be in my future. Anyone have the proper welding machine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom