• ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    You could take home some larger mags if bought in VA so enjoy the show. JMO

bdiddle

Dec 21, 2009
    Even if they are, they're going to have you fill out a 77r and you'll have to wait 7 days to pick it up, so why not just buy it at their shop in MD since you'll have to go there to pick it up anyway?

I thought the MSP said that stipped lowers need a 77r but no 7 day wait?

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    There are no MD dealers at the Nations Gun Show? They could very easily sell to an MD resident right?

MD Dealers at VA shows cannot sell any firearms since they are out of state. The only way they can legally do that is take orders or have a VA dealer there with a supply of pre-show transferred firearms. These must be registered to the VA dealer prior to the show. Then the VA dealer can transfer to out of state buyer, but only rifles and shotguns. Out of state buyers cannot buy lowers, pistols out of state regardless. The Federal License stops at the state borders. This is BS but that is the way it is.

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    Precision Firearms will be at the Chantilly show this weekend. We will have our normal massive selection of the best AR parts and accessories on the market. Some of our stocked brands include: Apex, BCM, Geissele, Noveske, Fortis, SLR, Daniel Defense, Troy, Vtac, US Optics, Vortex, AAC, Surefire, PWS, Battle Arms, Battlecomp, Magpul, Hogue, Ergo, Tango Down, Vltor, etc.

We will have 18 tables of Good Stuff!

A lot of Rifles will be available through our VA dealer. We will have about 60 Uppers in 204 ruger, 223 Wylde, 5.56, 300AAC, SBU (Short Barrel Upper), 6.8, 6.5 Grendel, 260 Rem, 308 Win, 243 Win, and more.

Right_to_arm_bears

OIF, OND, & OEF Vet.
    Nov 13, 2012
    MD
    The Chantilly show isn't worth it for me. Admission fee, a bit of a drive, overpriced items, vendors being extra wary of dealing with Marylanders(my personal experience). I try to support gun shows and events whenever I can but I have been losing interest lately.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I do Chantilly on occasion. Bought guns, even - but had them transfered through a MD dealer. The big attraction has been buying magazines.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    There are no MD dealers at the Nations Gun Show? They could very easily sell to an MD resident right?

Accurate Pawn goes and he said he is going. You can do transfers through him I recall for stuff legal in MD.

Rob Jones

Jul 19, 2013
    White Plains, MD
    MD Dealers at VA shows cannot sell any firearms since they are out of state. The only way they can legally do that is take orders or have a VA dealer there with a supply of pre-show transferred firearms. These must be registered to the VA dealer prior to the show. Then the VA dealer can transfer to out of state buyer, but only rifles and shotguns. Out of state buyers cannot buy lowers, pistols out of state regardless. The Federal License stops at the state borders. This is BS but that is the way it is.

I did not know that. :(

But what about Gun Show Loopholes :sarcasm:

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I got a CZ82 with C&R license in December and primers in March.

I will probably go looking for bits and pieces of stuff, maybe even pick up some bullets, tokarev reloading dies, and any other various and sundry stuff.

A second cz82 is on my list, but don't know if I'll find anything in very good condition for the right price.

RDavidP

Mar 8, 2007
    Frederick
    Not sure if I will be able to go. I spent my spare money for the month at Precision Firearms' booth at the Howard County Gun Show this past weekend. I would consider going for the reloading powder, but the last time I went if you wanted any you had to buy the same price amount of other merchandise from the powder vendor first. He didn't have anything I wanted other than powder.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Range day with Bradmacc tomorrow, but I might see about popping down saturday for a spell.

Anyone in the Dena/GB area that wants to ride down, drop me a line.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    I'm going saturday, I'm actually really excited it's the first gun show I've gone to since I bought a gun last year and now I have four so its going to be kind of a shopping spree for mags,powder,projectiles,and cool shit. :D

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Am at a work conference a stone's throw from the expo center.

Gonna be a long afternoon... Maybe I'll ride out the traffic situation back to the PRM later by seeing what they still sell in 'Murica. :)

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Anyone going today? I will be there when the doors open. I'm am not even going to look at guns because I don't want to get upset when they start on the sorry you are from maryland I can't see that to you. I want to go and look at some accessories and be able to put them in my hands before buying.
    I will be wearing a project Appleseed shirt so say hi if you see me there. It's always nice to put a face with the screen name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom