• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • espantoonMP

Jun 26, 2012
    I've fallen in love with Knights Armament weapons and would like to Form 4 an 11.5 KAC SBR. From my understanding, the particular SBR has to be on the handgun roster correct? Also, if an updated model of the rifle comes out does each separate model need to be on the list?When I looked to see if it was on it, I couldn't find any KAC SBRs so I'm assuming they haven't been approved. Is this going to be an issue?
    Can someone help me out? I'm confused about this process. I feel like I have a good understanding of how the Federal NFA rules and regs go but not how MSP handles the state level business.

Also, what's the deal with ATF denying SBR form 4s for MD? Is it a temporary hangup or something more ominous?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    It needs to be submitted to the Roster Board, and approved before you can form 4 it.

They are not approving any SBRs in MD right now. Form 1 or 4. Probably temporary while the new examiner covers his butt. At least I hope so.

There are a number of threads here that cover this. In the class 3 section and in the depot section in the thread about the Sigbrace

espantoonMP

Jun 26, 2012
    It needs to be submitted to the Roster Board, and approved before you can form 4 it.

They are not approving any SBRs in MD right now. Form 1 or 4. Probably temporary while the new examiner covers his butt. At least I hope so.

Does the physical SBR have to be submitted our just a technical sheet?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Does the physical SBR have to be submitted our just a technical sheet?

They'll ask for a representative sample unless it's a model/caliber addition. Give us a call on Tuesday or shoot me a PM if you want to talk about getting this added to the roster (and you want to roll the dice with MSP/ATF right now.)

Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom