• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I can't complain about the treatment I've received at Corsica Coatings. Joe has done some work for me and several transfers and it's always a good experience. Besides, where else can you shoot a suppressed .44 magnum rifle and have to be careful to avoid hitting the Alpacas? :lol2:

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Upper end of Cecil County is Rick's Gun & Pawn in Conowingo just off of Rt#1 and Rt#222. Loads of long guns, nice selection of handguns. Prices are fair. Plus Rick is a big time supporter of the NRA, working with our local Friends of NRA each year. If you are in the area it's worth the time to stop in. Chris

2much2do49

Feb 25, 2009
    Salisbury, MD
    I like to use Manchester Shooters Supply in Bishopville. The guy is really nice and very helpful, I think his transfer fee is $25 the last time I did one. There is also a guy right down the road from him it is Littleton Firearms, I have no clue what is transfer fee is. I haven't had any dealings with him personally.

I can second Manchester's. Wayne is the owners name and he's a great guy. He's a big Glock fan, if your into handguns. He has a decent selection of handguns, and a few AR15's and shotguns. Its very easy to kill an hour there just shooting the breeze with him!

His transfer fee is $45, which is still cheaper than most (I believe Wink's in Princess Anne charges $75).

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    I have found Bob Arthur, the Shooters Supply out in Whaleyville to be the most responsive of those between you and the beach. He is the only one who has answered my emails, and has been very accommodating so he has got my business for the group buy 1911 as well as the second to last thing I got. Wayne at Manchester was actually a little aloof when I went to check out his store and, well, his store but I don't smoke and find second hand smoke especially distasteful. When I checked out Littleton's I felt like he was the most knowledgeable, but was very busy so had little time for personal attention. Wayne is Glock, Dave is Baretta, and Bob is a bit more eclectic but seems to be the only place I've seen an FN handgun. Any of them can of course order anything, but Bob says he has the lowest transfer fee. I believe I paid $35 the last time.

Gander, best selection but frankly they are usually busy and haven't acted very interested in someone just browsing or shopping. The help there is hit or miss regarding knowledgeable.

If you'd like some info on the Worcester Shooters (we have a couple of Wicomico members) send me a pm.

JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne at "Manchester's" and Bob at "Shooters supply" are both good people that will help you out!!
    both shops Directly deal with AtlanticFirearms.com & will pick up Firearms from our inventory ...:party29:
    I Work for Atlantic & would be more then happy to help anyone out with getting things over to the shops..

Last edited:

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    after being on the shore a couple years I learned a couple of things about the local stores. I will share my opinions.

Gander mtn: as a big corporation, you would think that they would have a discount on guns that the smaller shops couldn't and would pass that off to the customer. They didn't. A nagant that was listed in J+G sales at 75.00 was selling at gander for 150.00 at the time, p64s were selling at 150.00, gander had them at 250.00. Transfer fees are high for regulated and I believe they lost thier liscense for a time. Ammo is higher than internet prices even without bulk purchase. Stay away.

Winks: winks is a sportsmans orientated shop with a decent pistol selection. They have started to display thier pistols in a case [ they used to only have a list, but would pull out a pistol if you requested] which is a step in the right direction. Plastic ammo cases [ reloaders cases] are relatively cheap and you can find hard to find ammo like hornadys 7.62x39 polymer tip. They are authorized dealers of several popular manufacturers and you can still find an sks on the shelf from time to time at competitive non C+R prices. Though they tend to be more sportsman inclined. Thier automated system for paperwork is efficient and easy. That being said, thier transfer fee of 75.00 for a regulated rifle is more than a little steep and seems unfair, I have done several regulated transfers there and it hurt every time. It has certainly cost them some of my business. Ammo prices are usually high. Not much of a used gun selection, but thier prices are acceptable. If you can't get to mid county, this is the shop to use.

Crazie louies pawn stores: only deal in long guns and shotguns no pistols, no regulated. Will transfer non regulated rifles for around 35 bucks last time i asked. selection changes slowly, but might warrent a stop every now and then. prices range from great [ i have bought a 120.00 lee enfield, a 100 mauser, a 275.00 remington 870 magnum express in mint condition with rifled barrel and a 150.00 mossberg 500] to terrible [ i saw a 225.00 10/22 with some surface rust and missing scope mount screws and a 180.00 mosin nagant?!] Always willing to negotiate prices and trades. no ammo sales. Might be worth a stop.

Dicks: only sells long guns/ shotguns, sells many types of ammo but at a premium. Expect to pay 1.00 a shot for 45 colt cowboy loads. competitive prices on rifles [ the best deal on a 10/22 on the shore] sells safes and sportsman type equipment, but it is costly. I do not know thier transfer policy. stop by if you are at the mall, but definately shop around first.

Mid county gunshop: dealer in aows, sbs, sbrs etc. Great shop, friendly, lots of cool tactical guns to check out [ aow tec 9, SBR gsg-5 pdw] tons of ak builds. If you are looking for it, mike will go out of his way to help you find it. Well versed in the art of filling ATF paperwork and he will help you get it done right. very good transfer fees [ I think its under 40.00 for regulated] MDS industry partner. The shop is out of the way if you live on the lower eastern shore, but worth the trip. Though remember that for regulated firearms you will have to make two trips, one for the paperwork and one for the pick up. Make sure you check in with mike first to be sure that he's open.Lots of accessories. Ammo selection is limited but growing. This is the gunshop to go to for tactical firearms on the eastern shore.

Thats all i got hope it helps.

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    after being on the shore a couple years I learned a couple of things about the local stores. I will share my opinions.

Gander mtn: as a big corporation, you would think that they would have a discount on guns that the smaller shops couldn't and would pass that off to the customer. They didn't. A nagant that was listed in J+G sales at 75.00 was selling at gander for 150.00 at the time, p64s were selling at 150.00, gander had them at 250.00. Transfer fees are high for regulated and I believe they lost thier liscense for a time. Ammo is higher than internet prices even without bulk purchase. Stay away.

Winks: winks is a sportsmans orientated shop with a decent pistol selection. They have started to display thier pistols in a case [ they used to only have a list, but would pull out a pistol if you requested] which is a step in the right direction. Plastic ammo cases [ reloaders cases] are relatively cheap and you can find hard to find ammo like hornadys 7.62x39 polymer tip. They are authorized dealers of several popular manufacturers and you can still find an sks on the shelf from time to time at competitive non C+R prices. Though they tend to be more sportsman inclined. Thier automated system for paperwork is efficient and easy. That being said, thier transfer fee of 75.00 for a regulated rifle is more than a little steep and seems unfair, I have done several regulated transfers there and it hurt every time. It has certainly cost them some of my business. Ammo prices are usually high. Not much of a used gun selection, but thier prices are acceptable. If you can't get to mid county, this is the shop to use.

Crazie louies pawn stores: only deal in long guns and shotguns no pistols, no regulated. Will transfer non regulated rifles for around 35 bucks last time i asked. selection changes slowly, but might warrent a stop every now and then. prices range from great [ i have bought a 120.00 lee enfield, a 100 mauser, a 275.00 remington 870 magnum express in mint condition with rifled barrel and a 150.00 mossberg 500] to terrible [ i saw a 225.00 10/22 with some surface rust and missing scope mount screws and a 180.00 mosin nagant?!] Always willing to negotiate prices and trades. no ammo sales. Might be worth a stop.

Dicks: only sells long guns/ shotguns, sells many types of ammo but at a premium. Expect to pay 1.00 a shot for 45 colt cowboy loads. competitive prices on rifles [ the best deal on a 10/22 on the shore] sells safes and sportsman type equipment, but it is costly. I do not know thier transfer policy. stop by if you are at the mall, but definately shop around first.

Mid county gunshop: dealer in aows, sbs, sbrs etc. Great shop, friendly, lots of cool tactical guns to check out [ aow tec 9, SBR gsg-5 pdw] tons of ak builds. If you are looking for it, mike will go out of his way to help you find it. Well versed in the art of filling ATF paperwork and he will help you get it done right. very good transfer fees [ I think its under 40.00 for regulated] MDS industry partner. The shop is out of the way if you live on the lower eastern shore, but worth the trip. Though remember that for regulated firearms you will have to make two trips, one for the paperwork and one for the pick up. Make sure you check in with mike first to be sure that he's open.Lots of accessories. Ammo selection is limited but growing. This is the gunshop to go to for tactical firearms on the eastern shore.

I agree with all of this and i'll add some!

Gander Mtn and Dicks: Only really good for sale items. They do have some really good sales sometimes.

Winks is my go to shop since its close to my house and the staff there is very friendly and helpful. My only real complaint with them other than the super high transfer fee is that they won't let you bring your own omega lock and insist that you purchase on with every gun. They also insist on installing that lock in the gun before you leave the store.

Crazies Louies -- I stop in there on occasion but never bought anything from them. I did see some good deals but the guns were beat to hell.

I never been to mid county since his shop is a good distance from me and I hate making the trip twice to purchase a regulated gun with this high cost in gas. I will say I have not heard a single bad thing about this shop from anyone I ever talked to. I just wish it was closer to me.

Most of my non-regulated stuff I buy in De tax free.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Winks would be a better store if the old man would drop some attitude.

I can agree with that, I spend thousands every year on guns and ammo, literally. When I walk into a shop, I want to feel welcome and that my business is important. I may ask dozens of questions about guns on the shelf or what guns are available by order. I might window shop many times before a sale. the atmosphere needs to be inviting and friendly. I think this should be the way with any customer, not just friends.

2much2do49

Feb 25, 2009
    Salisbury, MD
    Gary is ok, he can be premenstrual at times. He just got to get to know you.

Yes, Gary is moody. Very moody.

I have a gun on lay-a-way there and at times I hate going in there just because you don't know what to expect. The guys who work there are pretty cool though (the two younger guys). The one younger guy have me a Glock pen along with a Glock patch when I put my Glock on lay-a-way.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis

Dicks won't FFL, just a FYI but great list!

Oct 27, 2009
    Hello, This is Bob at Shooters Supply. I really do appreciate all the "kind words" that has helped make the shop successful. Transfers are $35 for long guns and $45 for regulated firearms and includes the $10 MDSP fee(tax). Multiple purchases and transfers the price is negotiable. My cell number is 410-422-9315 and I know how to text, so if you have a question-let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom