• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brandon1988

Jul 31, 2011
    GAITHERSBURG
    i need some help guys/ladys i've been thinking about trading my RRA ar15 for a ak 47 or ak 74 is this a good idea or no????

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    just cus you dont have an AR doesnt mean you have to be a sourpuss. jk.
    Just buy an AK, don't get rid of the AR. They are both good guns. get a mosin while you are at it.

zcbailey

Mar 3, 2010
    Phoenix
    I would never sell my AR-15 for a AK-47/74. If you really want an AK-47/74 I would recommend just buying one so you have it and the AR. This shouldn't be too expensive if you go with an AK-47. Especially since the 7.62x39 is really easy to find and usually isn't too expensive. The 5.45x39 seems to much rarer and more expensive. So, my vote would be to keep your AR and buy an AK-47.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Don't sell your AR as long as it runs to your satisfaction. And this is coming from a huge AK fan.

Save up, and if price is an issue then go with the 5.45 which offers dirt cheap ammo (at the moment).

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Get both.

This.

If you're that strapped for cash hold on to the AR and stick to hitting up local events and shooting others' AK's. If you can afford it keep the AR and buy an AK as well.

Both platforms offer pluses and minuses that the other does not, there is no real answer as to which is "better" and there never will be. Rugged simplicity versus razor precision...

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    My buddy did exactly this. He sold his spikes m4 to later buy a wasr10. He likes his wasr but sometimes wishes he would havent got rid of his m4.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Hmmm, selling one gun to buy another...interesting. Yes, I've heard that there are people who can stand to sell their guns. I find it more satisfying to simply buy another safe as the collection grows. :D

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Not really a surprise.

The wasr has treated him well, we were shooting 200 yards with it the other day, it was pretty funny but a few hit. Groups were big but still, it hit 200 yards and the rifle runs well. He just regrets selling AR cuz her took some loss on it and now knows it was a great rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom