• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Interesting. I wonder if someone could bring a lawsuit. That does seem discriminatory.

Actually, it's been my policy for the past two and a half years not to ask for or accept any university funding. The Trap & Skeet Club does receive some university funding, so SGA isn't entirely against funding the shooting sports. Their focus is on sport and competitive shooting. Our focus is on education, 2A advocacy, casual shooting, and recently, competitive shooting (service rifle, 3-gun, IDPA). I told my successor that he is free to pursue SGA funding if he wishes, as well as the red tape that will come with it. He will probably go for it once I graduate in December.

SGA will only fund items that are not consumables and they have to be stored on campus. While funding could potentially be used for things like steel targets and match AR uppers, it would be incredibly inconvenient for me to have to go on campus to retrieve them, go home to get my own guns, go to the range, go home to drop off my guns, and then go back onto campus to return the SGA funded items. We figure that we're enough enough of gun nuts to simply buy what we need.

We run entirely on personally owned guns and ammo as well as donations. Whenever GBMaryland comes to shoot with us, he always brings a generous amount of ammo for people to blast through. Mendozaco has also been very generous in providing funds to equip our high power and 3-gun competitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom