• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Finn

waiting for the zombies
    Feb 28, 2009
    Columbia
    Only been to Just Guns once. Wife needed another mag for her sigma and had spent an entire day on the phone calling a ton of different shops. Just Guns put her on hold for about 20 mins and came back saying that he was sorry about the wait but he had gone to the basement and found one. They held it there at the counter for us and we picked it up that evening. They were very nice and we ended up buying a holdter for her as well. The dog sniffed us and went back to the counter and there was a guy there sporting a badge on his belt that was talking some stuff but it wasnt too bad. Ill admit that I am FAR from an expert but when the wife and I were looking at GSG MP5s he was talking crap about them and how they were just knock offs and all. he also stfu when my wife opened her wallet to pay for the mag and holster and her badge showed. it was pretty funny cause he excussed himself to the back room after that.
    If i remember correct there was an older gentleman there and he had a pistol apart and was replacing a trigger. After reading this thread I would think that would be gunsmithing and they didnt do that.

llbradfam

Oct 7, 2009
    I called Jack on the phone this past Monday asking if he could take a look at one of my guns which was in need of repair. He immediately set me at ease with his pleasant demeanor and offered diagnose my gun at no cost. However, I rode up Tuesday. (which is a pretty good hike from my home in Abingdon) and his shop was closed. According to his website he is open on Tuesdays, but I guess something came up. I will not hold it against him since things happen. I have since mailed the Firearm to the manufacturer for repair. But, after reading all the good reviews I will head back to his shop the next time I am in the area.

Overall, my first impression of Jack over the phone was he seemed honest and friendly.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    If i remember correct there was an older gentleman there and he had a pistol apart and was replacing a trigger. After reading this thread I would think that would be gunsmithing and they didn't do that.

I'm not trying to be cute here, but as far as I'm concerned, that's not gunsmithing, it's parts replacement. I've done that sort of thing a lot and I'm a long way from being a gunsmith.

agrin2005

Sep 4, 2010
    I have to say I have been there. So here go what I think. I like to go to most gun shops and act like I know nothing. For me it is a way of seeing how they will act. The staff seem very disinterested in me. I did speak to Mark and I will say he is a bit of a different individual for sure. I have seen allot of "want to be's" in my time in the military. He seems to fit that bill. I will say that once you get him talking he just runs and runs. Prices seemed to be as Valley was, on the high side. I myself will go some place else.

Spec4

Expert Rifleman
    Sep 22, 2009
    Carroll County
    Just Guns is full of A$$Clowns wearing sidearms. I have been there a few times, but now I will go to Christian Soldier.

I too have gotten the C&R pistol speech from Secret Squirrel.

"Secret agent man
    Secret agent man
    They've given you a number,
    and taken away your name."......

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I too have gotten the C&R pistol speech from Secret Squirrel.

"Secret agent man
    Secret agent man
    They've given you a number,
    and taken away your name."......

:lol2: I doubt I will ever go back in there either because of the secret agent man and the super high prices.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Does the guy wearing the badge actually work for any law enforcement agency? When I went in there a couple of months ago, I got a lecture on the only valid caliber for CCW was a .45. Thanks, but I'll stick with the .380 or 9mm that came came in looking for in the first place.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Wish I could get a cool vest with a big AGENT patch on the back. Oh yeah, I can!

:lol2: you dont have to be a federal contract marshal? (or whatever this guy claims to be)

I admit I have thought about swinging by there just for the show that guy puts on, he is annoying but I do chuckle when im driving away. I wouldnt dislike him so much if he wasnt a fool who unsuspecting and possible future shooters will believe him as if he is the ultimate authority.

randomjoe

Jan 16, 2009
    Never stopped in the store but I saw the freak show at several gun shows. They had all the "tacti-cool" accessories:

1. Serpa drop leg holsters worn with jeans
    2. Shirts 1 size too small to show off the "concealable" body armor they were wearing
    3. "Bail Enforcement" badges that looked just like a US Marshal badge
    4. Assorted "tacti-cool lingo": "drive the gun" "wait one" "roger that" "good to go"

Oh and I think it was one of these guys who I overhead telling tall tails of "panic fire" qualification courses when he was Marine "Recon."

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    OK I've been there but never purchased anything. It seemed like they did not want to wait on me. Secret Squirrel dude was there all decked out in vests/badges/sidearms. I haven't been to every gunshop around but I do like Duffy's, Gun Connection, and Bass Pro.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    I remember Just Guns when they were Valley Gun. Different name, same douchebag secret squirrels behind the counter. They act as if you are lucky to be speaking to them, much less offering them YOUR money to buy their overpriced products. If they were on the same street as me I would still make the drive to Gun Connection or Continental.

I am all for supporting local businesses, but only when they actually deserve to earn my money. I certainly wasn't just handed a paycheck and it's certainly not being handed to someone who doesn't at least treat me with a modicum of respect (IRS aside haha).

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    those people are such ass clowns. My brother and I went to their stand at the timonium gun show, my brother asked if they gave any police discount. -nope. and then he asked if he bought two guns at once and paid in full with cash would they take some off the top. the guys respones, the prices are the prices they can't do anything.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    those people are such ass clowns. My brother and I went to their stand at the timonium gun show, my brother asked if they gave any police discount. -nope. and then he asked if he bought two guns at once and paid in full with cash would they take some off the top. the guys respones, the prices are the prices they can't do anything.

We saw them at the show and as soon as I saw the name on the banner I just walked away. Of course it was a gun show and it was a gun show in MD, basically a lesson in what tremendously overpriced firearms looks like. I might have seen a half dozen guns at the entire show that weren't marked up at least 10%.

I had a friend that was looking to purchase his first so I thought we'd go there just to see if there were any deals. Wasn't expecting much so I wasn't disappointed. The best was seeing a $50-100 price difference on exactly the same guns (new) at the same show.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I saw the Just Guns table at the recent Timonium Show. No assault vested ebay bounty hounter badged operators, but I took notice of an older gentlemen wearing a 1st Marine Recon hat I believe. He must be the panic qualifier guy.

I was actually disappointed I didn't get to see a circus, I might have to stop in their shop if I'm ever down that way just to see if all this is true.

Lawyer56

Feb 10, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    I have always been treated with respect and have received proper attention at Just Guns. The guy you're talking about is actually very knowledgeable and friendly. "Just" my experiences at Just Guns.

nerd

nerdy mcnerderson
    I bought my first gun there three years ago, and dealt primarily with the older gentleman. He was an absolute peach. Every time I've been back, I've been brushed off as a girl who doesn't know anything. I won't be back.

Go see Dan at Gun Connection - he's great.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    A couple of posts here have got me thinking that customer service is one thing, but expecting people to bend over and kiss your gorgeous, glorious ass because you might spend some money with them is something else.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    My experiences there weren't bad at all. I dealt with the old man when I bought my first shotgun and he was chatty with me, the wife and kid. The second shotgun I bought there I dealt with a woman. I picked out what I wanted, took care of the formalities and left. No more, no less.

I bought a Mosin there and dealt with "a kid". Same deal as the second shotgun.

Nachtjager

Feb 18, 2010
    Dundalk
    I've been in there quite a few times buying ammo , ammo cans and checking out a few handguns. Was always treated well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom