• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Been interested in making it to this show for a while. Hopefully I can this year. It's a week after my birthday.

http://easternshorearmscollectors.org/Home.html

November 15 & 16, 2014
    Easton Waterfowl Festival Weekend
    TALBOT COMMUNITY CENTER
    10028 Ocean Gateway - U.S. Rte. 50 North
    EASTON, MARYLAND

Open to the public Admission $5.00
    Sat. 9 AM - 5 PM Sun. 9 AM - 3PM

Previous threads:
    2013 - http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=133220
    2011 - http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=68925

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    "Non Firearms related military surplus and flea market material prohibited"

no beef jerky! :lol2:

Thanks for posting. Will be going on Sunday.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Is this show worth me bringing Precision Firearms with 18 tables?

There are far more traditional hunting guns ...few black rifles or polymer handguns. Nevertheless, you may want to call and check for yourself as there are usually some other things there. Oh, yeah, if you took 18 tables, you would have a large portion of the show tied up.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I've gone almost every year for probably 25 years or more. I'm planning for Saturday as well. Anyone else?

One thing I've always liked about this show are the collectable guns with some newer hunting models....often offered primarily by collectors, not dealers. For some of the old stuff, you can usually see quite a few sxs doubles (my favorites) sometimes even in really large gauges like 8 or even 6 ga. Doc used to be there with his highly collectable Colts. I don't remember seeing him last year although he was at the Baltimore Collectors Show. There will be a few things other than guns....but only gun related and almost always on tables with guns.

For those who haven't been and may have interest in Waterfowl, the Waterfowl Festival is scattered among various places throughout Easton that same weekend (The gun show is run by a separate group) and has what I think are vary interesting things to see: Dock Dogs, Retriever demos, lots of Waterfowl (and some other birds and animal) art. The carvings are especially cool. They are so well done as to look like they're read to fly off. While downtown, you can visit Albrights....lots of collectable guns and high dollar trap guns there (they are a Guerini Dealer). For the cost of admission, you get a ticket and map so you can jump on and off the shuttle buses at various locations. The only issue for me is that it is hard to spend a couple hours at the gun show (I usually know a couple guys and shoot the breeze some) and still have time to see a lot of the Festival. However, if you haven't been, I highly recommend it.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I haven't been for a number of years. Used to go with my father that carved decoys and entered a few. I am going to do my best to be there this year with the family. It is a good event for the whole family.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Is this show worth me bringing Precision Firearms with 18 tables?
    I agree with the other replies that this is primarily a hunting gun show... that being said I stopped going years ago when younger because of the lack of anything "cool"or new (read tactical).

Though a large part of attendance is "waterfowl" related, there's also plenty of ES guys who go because is the only gun show over here each year :)

Show up with just a couple of tables with some of the choice picks (and ammo) and you'll draw and keep a crowd the whole time I bet.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Mid County (an IP here) always used to go with all his full-auto, EBR, tactical stuff. I didn't make it last year so don't know if he was there or not. This show could definitely use some modern weaponry to shake things up a bit; last couple of times I went I found nothing worth buying. Just ended up talking to Mike and his guys (MidCounty).

As much as I would love to come see what you bring (Precision Firearms) and discuss a couple of build projects with you, I really don't think it would be worth your time. But I could be wrong. And 18 tables would take up a huge part of the show; good thing IMO.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Mid County (an IP here) always used to go with all his full-auto, EBR, tactical stuff. I didn't make it last year so don't know if he was there or not. This show could definitely use some modern weaponry to shake things up a bit; last couple of times I went I found nothing worth buying. Just ended up talking to Mike and his guys (MidCounty).

As much as I would love to come see what you bring (Precision Firearms) and discuss a couple of build projects with you, I really don't think it would be worth your time. But I could be wrong. And 18 tables would take up a huge part of the show; good thing IMO.

I've been most years for a very long time and haven't really taken any notice of any tactical stuff except an occasional individual rifle or 2 on a couple tables. Maybe I just wasn't paying much attention as I've always loved this show precisely because of the traditional guns and i would salivate over those. Most other shows have been largely taken over by junk and food or whatever and what guns they do have usually include a lot of tactical. While there are some dealers that show up at Easton, this is one of the few remaining shows that actually have a decent number of collectors. The one dealer I wish would return is Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Co. While I really don't want to spend the $$$ for most of what they had, I nearly pulled out the wallet for an A H Fox 12 ga double a few years back that had been beautifully restored <sigh> :)

Nothing against tacticals, I have some. But I dearly love the old hunting guns and think quality wood stocks are a thing of beauty even though I can see the practicality of synthetic stocks.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I haven't been for a number of years. Used to go with my father that carved decoys and entered a few. I am going to do my best to be there this year with the family. It is a good event for the whole family.

Agreed! :) My kids when young especially liked Dock Dogs and Retriever Demos. They probably couldn't have cared less about the art, lol

great show we will be there sat then off to waterfowl show

Hope you have a great time. Maybe see you there. If you like the old guns, take a few minutes to walk through Albrights while downtown.

senetor24

Mar 4, 2013
    Had a question, I was going to bring some old ammo to trade at this show. Is that frowned upon by show organizers?

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Had a question, I was going to bring some old ammo to trade at this show. Is that frowned upon by show organizers?

Nope! I sold some old ammo to a long-time acquaintance at the show last year (he sells vintage ammo fro a table there). I've also carried a gun or two through the show in the past and made trades (long guns).

FWIW, the show organizers are collectors....not just some promoter. A good number of the table will be manned by collectors (although there are dealers also).

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    sxs, I imagine there is someone that could estimate the value of an O/U that I have? IF not, I guess I could ride over to Albright's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom