• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • happyman4

Aug 1, 2013
    I have listed a CZ 452 .22 LR for sale on GunBroker.com - some one in northen VA wants to buy it but would lik to see it first - he is willing to go to a FFL dealer in VA to do the transfer as this would save the shipping charge.
    I have no idea what is legal or illegal - any advise - on what to do. Thanks in advance

Sorry if I double possted

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Over state lines - transfer must take place via FFL in buyers state at a minimum. Some out of state FFL ' S require shipping from FFL.

Edit: and since I saw your other post- yes you can drive the rifle (unloaded) to the VA FFL to sell it in person. I would suggest getting compensated for your time, milage and the buyer pays FFL fees.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    The transfer has to go through a licensee, but for long guns, the licensee can be in either state, so long as each state's laws are followed.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Over state lines - transfer must take place via FFL in buyers state at a minimum.

No. Transfer must occur through an FFL - Yes. And the laws of the state where the transfer occurs and the laws of the buyer's state of residence must both be followed.

But nothing in the Federal law about it occuring in the state of the buyer's residence.

You can legally transfer from MD resident to VA resident in WV or TX or even CA.

RedTide

The Water's Fine
    Jul 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    No. Transfer must occur through an FFL - Yes. And the laws of the state where the transfer occurs and the laws of the buyer's state of residence must both be followed.

But nothing in the Federal law about it occuring in the state of the buyer's residence.

You can legally transfer from MD resident to VA resident in WV or TX or even CA.

Did not know that. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom