• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Just wondering how many here know the importance of the AA County states attorney race. Anyone who followed the Pinkerton case will understand.

Anyone looking for the full details of the Pinkerton prosecution can find them in a thread here on MDS.

Bottom line, unless you want to be charged with murder for using lethal force IN your home when your door is kicked and you are attacked by someone who has already publicly assualted you, your wife and publicly threatened to kill you, then you need to vote out the incumbent.

This is not the type of prosecutor we need our tax dollars paying for. Bad enough Frosh is a sure bet, we can't have one of the last conservative places in the state become a self defense free zone.

Please, please inform yourselves and VOTE.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Having spoken with Wes Adams a couple times, I find him to be firmly committed to doing the job right. He is currently a prosecutor (PG Co), and I believe he'll be significantly better than Leitess

I wonder if Jim Speros has seen her logo???;)

Last edited:

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    The article has inaccurate or misleading information. The interim SA is running for office again. She is the incumbent, and she prosecuted Pinkerton. Fortunately, it was thrown out by the judge, but it makes you think, what if the judge was of the same cloth. We might have a military family man behind bars for enacting castle doctrine (law in MD) with additional circumstances that strongly supported his defense. It is attrocious.

The prosecutor was quoted to say, I find it bizarre that when hearing someone kicking your door in at 2 am, your first reaction was to grab your gun.

Wow

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The article has inaccurate or misleading information. The interim SA is running for office again. She is the incumbent, and she prosecuted Pinkerton. Fortunately, it was thrown out by the judge, but it makes you think, what if the judge was of the same cloth. We might have a military family man behind bars for enacting castle doctrine (law in MD) with additional circumstances that strongly supported his defense. It is attrocious.

The prosecutor was quoted to say, I find it bizarre that when hearing someone kicking your door in at 2 am, your first reaction was to grab your gun.

Wow
    I would find it odd if someone didn't grab a gun under those circumstances. Silly me.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    You left out the Walker case, not that Pinkerton isn't enough reason to not re-elect Leitess.

If she wins, we know Anne Arundel County voters are just "misinformed". I just cannot fathom her winning, but I guess crazier things have happened in the history of the World.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    You left out the Walker case, not that Pinkerton isn't enough reason to not re-elect Leitess.

If she wins, we know Anne Arundel County voters are just "misinformed". I just cannot fathom her winning, but I guess crazier things have happened in the history of the World.
    I am not aware of the Walker case, your saying she did this to someone else too? Where might I find the details of that case?

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    It was the NJ detective involved in a shooting in I-97/Rt 3 area last June

http://www.npdf.org/legal-defense-detective-joseph-walker/
    That's a very different scenario. I am guessing you are stating that Colt tried to prosecute him as well? From what I read, the NJ guy did not do what he could to avoid the conflict, nor was the other guy armed. I was surprised the NJ det was set free. The Pinkerton matter is about Castle Doctrine in MD. About being so clearly within the law that the notion of being prosecuted for the act is inconceivable. It is not about MD's laws, it is about a prosecutor who chose to prosecute even when the defender was clearly within the law, and more, much more more.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    That's a very different scenario. I am guessing you are stating that Colt tried to prosecute him as well? From what I read, the NJ guy did not do what he could to avoid the conflict, nor was the other guy armed. I was surprised the NJ det was set free. The Pinkerton matter is about Castle Doctrine in MD. About being so clearly within the law that the notion of being prosecuted for the act is inconceivable. It is not about MD's laws, it is about a prosecutor who chose to prosecute even when the defender was clearly within the law, and more, much more more.
    Well said and exactly on point.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

Yes, but she brought another case that she did not win. If you are arguing that she is inept, then you should argue Pinkerton and Walker. When Pinkerton was first mentioned on this board, I was a fence sitter to allow the facts to come out. Now, I am on Pinkerton's side. I really find it ironic that you do not want to bring Walker to light because it is a different set of circumstances. One way or the other, she either prosecuted an innocent man once again, or she completely screwed up another case. No doubt the charges should have been dropped against Pinkerton once "all" the evidence was acquired by the prosecution. If you believe Walker was in the wrong, then she let a murderer go free through a botched prosecution. If you believe Walker was innocent, then she prosecuted an innocent man. If she were to bring 100 murder cases against people and 100 of them were found Not Guilty for whatever reason, I would be arguing that she is completely incompetent and cannot determine what is a good case to prosecute.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Yes, but she brought another case that she did not win. If you are arguing that she is inept, then you should argue Pinkerton and Walker. When Pinkerton was first mentioned on this board, I was a fence sitter to allow the facts to come out. Now, I am on Pinkerton's side. I really find it ironic that you do not want to bring Walker to light because it is a different set of circumstances. One way or the other, she either prosecuted an innocent man once again, or she completely screwed up another case. No doubt the charges should have been dropped against Pinkerton once "all" the evidence was acquired by the prosecution. If you believe Walker was in the wrong, then she let a murderer go free through a botched prosecution. If you believe Walker was innocent, then she prosecuted an innocent man. If she were to bring 100 murder cases against people and 100 of them were found Not Guilty for whatever reason, I would be arguing that she is completely incompetent and cannot determine what is a good case to prosecute.
    I am not arguing anything. It is clear she is inept, that point does not require additional evidence or mentioning another case. I know little of the other case, but more so now that you brought it to my attention. Thanks. I am not, not wanting to bring Walker to light. What I AM trying to do is raise awareness of the Pinkerton case as it hits home for all. Self defense INSIDE of the home, castle doctrine, law in MD. We have a SA who tried to prosecute the Man under circumstances that should not of even amounted to a trip to the station. That is my point, and the purpose of the post. The facts of the Pinkerton case tell everything one might need to know about this SA.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

My God man! You are sooooooooooooooooooooo wrong in the arena of public perception! ! ! ! ! ! ! It's all about how it looks and feels! and not about facts!!!!!! :lol2:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I am not arguing anything. It is clear she is inept, that point does not require additional evidence or mentioning another case. I know little of the other case, but more so now that you brought it to my attention. Thanks. I am not, not wanting to bring Walker to light. What I AM trying to do is raise awareness of the Pinkerton case as it hits home for all. Self defense INSIDE of the home, castle doctrine, law in MD. We have a SA who tried to prosecute the Man under circumstances that should not of even amounted to a trip to the station. That is my point, and the purpose of the post. The facts of the Pinkerton case tell everything one might need to know about this SA.

Some people can dismiss one screw up and give a person a second chance. Now, multiple screw ups, well.............

So, your point is that it is more important to be able to defend yourself inside your home than outside of your home. People can relate to having to defend themselves inside their homes, but cannot relate to having to defend themselves outside of their homes. Personally, I am more afraid for my safety and my family's safety outside of my home than inside of my home.

I do agree that Pinkerton was a much bigger screw up because it didn't even make it to the jury. There just wasn't enough evidence to get it that far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom