• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcityjake

Sep 16, 2014
    I saw an earlier post of yours stating that you called and had a chat... Can you elaborate what the conversation was about? I'm a sworn civil servant. If anything was to come up in my background I would have much bigger problems than my HQL.

bigcityjake

Sep 16, 2014
    Just got off of the phone. Apparently on the application which required my DOB I also answered a dropdown box question incorrectly indicating that I'm under 21 y/o... The person on the phone was very helpful and corrected everything for me. Thanks for your help.

jdsteele

May 21, 2013
    Fingerprinted and submitted application 22 Sept.
    Approved 23 Sept.
    Received license in the mail 27 Sept.

I submitted proof of firearm ownership AND my DD214 for my training exemption.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Funny. I submitted my application last 9 days ago... a Friday. Everything was completed on my application except the JIS. I was on vacation this last week in OBX so I followed everything online. I get home yesterday, hit the PO Box today and I have a letter from them stating:

Your request for a criminal history record check of Maryland's Criminal Justice Information System has been completed. This record check was based upon the identification information as follows:

-No criminal history was found under the Maryland statute or regulation authorizing you to receive the information.

-A fingerprint supported national criminal history record check has been initiated. The results of that investigation will be sent to the requesting agency only.

I know they have 30 days to complete and it's really not that big a deal. I understand they do whatever they want to... I just think it's funny they send me a letter that states " Your request for a criminal check of Maryland's Criminal Justice Information System has been completed"
    and then they're pretty much like "but stay tuned because when we didn't find anything there, we decided to throw your fingerprints into the national criminal history check just for the hell of it."

I'm not worried, I'm clean as a whistle. That's what might have led them to do this. I just wondered if anyone else got this same letter because I see guys getting they're active status in mere days.

jdsteele

May 21, 2013
    I got the same letter, word for word.

I applied on 22 Sept, then saw online that I already had my active status on 23 Sept.

A few days later I received that same letter, also dated 23 Sept.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    That makes me wonder even more why they're saying my JIS is incomplete... It was unchecked just like everything else, then everything is now completed with the JIS labeled incomplete, which according to the website means there is a problem and they need more info.

Jul 1, 2012
    yup, I got the letter and the CJIS/JIS were still marked incomplete for another week (2 weeks, 5 days total to go active). Still waiting on the card (now 5 days after active). No big deal.
    I guess it's just luck of the draw that some are getting such quick turnarounds... and others not so much. I don't think I'm in a bunch of databases :)

bigcityjake

Sep 16, 2014
    Just an update

Update to my prior post:

Application Submitted 9/11
    HQL Active 9/24

Still nothing in the mail.

Is anyone else experiencing these delays? I know atleast one person on here submitted their application on 9/22 and has their HQL in hand.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Sorry I don't have an answer for you, I'm sure you'll receive something soon.

An update to my posts:

Submitted 9/19
    Active 9/30

Will let you know when I get something in the mail. I'm just happy to not see the 'pending' status that I've seen every day since submission. I assume I've got at least a week to wait for a letter.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'm still in pending status, and it's due to things that I would have thought would have come back already. Why is the NICS still incomplete?

Application\License Fee ----Completed Sep/24/14
    MVA Photo ---- Completed Sep/24/14
    LiveScan ---- Completed Sep/24/14
    Training ---- Completed Sep/24/14
    NICS ---- Incomplete
    METERS ---- Completed Sep/24/14
    CJIS ---- Incomplete
    MAFSS ---- Completed Sep/24/14
    JIS ---- Completed Sep/24/14
    DJS ---- Not Applicable Sep/24/14
    DHMH ---- Completed Sep/25/14

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    Curious to know if this is how it's suppose to look like. I get worried lol

121synd.jpg

bigcityjake

Sep 16, 2014
    Update to my prior post:

Application Submitted 9/11
    HQL Active 9/24

Still nothing in the mail.

Is anyone else experiencing these delays? I know atleast one person on here submitted their application on 9/22 and has their HQL in hand.

Update:
    Received 10/1

Walked into my local gun store 1 hour later to find out they just sold out of the gun I wanted... This couldn't get any more frustrating.

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    Applied 9/17, went active 9/30. Now to wait on the mail and then the search for a used GP100......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom