• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I'm just an AKM kinda of guy. It seems there are alternatives to other banned rifles like the HBAR. Other than the VZ58 and the Mini-30, whats the best alternative to the AKM (7.62x39) in your opinion?

there are good amount of alternatives in .308 and 5.56, what about 7.62.x39?

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    RPD

It's kind of like an AK, but even LESS politically correct!

On a serious note though, they're heavy (on account of the added anti-political correctness) and very expensive. Make sure you get a quality build. The last thing you want to do is drop $2000 on a gun that doesn't work. But when built well, they run like clocks provided that you lubricate them (add a little oil to the links) and turn heads at the range.

As a bonus, a day at the range while shooting from the shoulder is the equivalent of a good upper body workout.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Sig 556R, M77 (ok its .308), LAR47 when available, AR in 7.62*39, SKS, MPAR if they ever make the 7.62*39 version, I know I am missing a few.

Now we just need a 7.62*39 Tavor

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Same here!!!

I wouldn't mind another Soviet SKS in my collection

Bitches love Soviets.

russian_laminated2.jpg

russiansks.jpg

russian8.jpg

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm liking this choice!!

which are currently on the roster and may be added next month?

Engage is working on having their AK-103 SBR build be put on the roster as a handgun so it can be sold as an SBR. I believe they said they'll submit to the meeting in September so it can show up on the roster in November. I don't know if they'll also build them as a pistol (you can ask them), but as far as I know, it will be the only roster AK pistol for the time being.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Engage is working on having their AK-103 SBR build be put on the roster as a handgun so it can be sold as an SBR. I believe they said they'll submit to the meeting in September so it can show up on the roster in November. I don't know if they'll also build them as a pistol (you can ask them), but as far as I know, it will be the only roster AK pistol for the time being.

SLR 106UR & SLR 104UR have already been approved for the roster. The PAP92, PAP85, Century C39 micro, etc...... should be added at the roster's next meeting in September. Any handgun added to the roster can be sold/manufactured as an SBR as long as it does not violate copycat restrictions.

whitelightning777

May 20, 2013
    The Rashid rifle, similar to the Hakim, fires the AK round. It's a curio and relic, which makes it same day cash and carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom