• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I saw this at Lighthouse in Bethany a few weeks back and it took me a while to find it again. I have not seen it mentioned on here. I got to play with it and it worked flawlessly.

Just thought I would put it up here for those interested.
    http://www.hcmags.com

Found it on sale for $69. In DE it was $79 and no tax.
    http://www.eabco.net/HC-Mags-1022-Tactical-Pack_p_14093.html

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Can't tell from the video how it actually works. Also wonder how long it takes to load the box that feeds the stripper clips.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    It uses a custom non-rotary mag. Once the mag spring is locked back you stick the stripper clip on the spline of the mag, lock it down and release the mag spring. Its a fairly ingeneous idea and looks to work fairly well although I notice a few stray rounds here and there. I wonder if you can buy spare mags. Not too practical for match shooting but looks good for the range. Starting from scratch I doesn't look like it could load 5 mags as fast as the McFadden UGL could load 5 non-Ruger 25 rd mags but that would take a little more effort. I would not want to pay $69 each to get 3 of them however, but one for practice might be reasonable.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Can't tell from the video how it actually works. Also wonder how long it takes to load the box that feeds the stripper clips.

Oops. I think there are other video's on the website to see that part. I loaded some stripper clips and it goes really quickly.

Photoracer, as you mentioned, it is a proprietary magazine, so that part is not so great. I imagine you could buy extras but I haven't looked into it.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

From what it says on the web page, you just drop them in and shake them until they drop into position.

Gravity-fed loading allows you to drop 100 rounds in > Agitate > Ammo will easily fall into place. Arrange 100 rounds in under 2 minutes!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Mag is to long for position shooting or even shooting from a bench. No thanks I will stick with the factory mags.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I purchased the kit at Chantilly 2 years ago and love it! Just pour the rounds into the box and shake it, they fall right into place but you will have to put the last few into it. Then load the stripper clips and put the clips into the mag and your ready to shoot. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Here's the kit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      86.2 KB · Views: 217

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I like it a lot! Now I don't have any other mags other than the factory 10 round mags that came with the riffle but I know I hate loading them. And this kit does take some practice to get it correctly loaded but once you learn the procedure it becomes 2nd nature. I've shot over 2,000 rounds thru mine with no problems. The reason I say it takes getting used to is because once you snap the stripper clip into the mag, before you release the spring the mag needs to be held at a certain degree to get the bullets to line up correctly so it will feed correctly in the riffle.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    ...or....

Just get The Ultimate Speedloader. It works great and can load 10/22 mags and Blackdog AR mags.

[YT]5A4mUYQ8gqo[/YT]

It will work with all of your existing mags and it's relatively cheap.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    ...or....

Just get The Ultimate Speedloader. It works great and can load 10/22 mags and Blackdog AR mags.

[YT]5A4mUYQ8gqo[/YT]

It will work with all of your existing mags and it's relatively cheap.

McFadden says the UGL will not load factory Ruger 10/22 mags as yet, only aftermarket non-rotary type mags. I have 2 of those actually as I won a second one at the PA State NSSF Rimfire match a week or so ago with the attachment for S&W 41, 422, and 622 mags. The one I have already has the adapters for S&W 15-22 and BDM AR-22 mags.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    McFadden says the UGL will not load factory Ruger 10/22 mags as yet, only aftermarket non-rotary type mags. I have 2 of those actually as I won a second one at the PA State NSSF Rimfire match a week or so ago with the attachment for S&W 41, 422, and 622 mags. The one I have already has the adapters for S&W 15-22 and BDM AR-22 mags.

Ah, ok. I've only used it for loading the Black Dog magazines for the 10/22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom