anim_bannana.gif

Finally got it done...

HUGE thanks to BradMacc82 for putting the upper together :party29:

Aero Upper
    Aero Lower
    Aero 7.5 melonite barrel
    Seekins melonite gas tube
    Lo Pro gas block, pinned
    Spike's 7" SAR rail (screamin' $105 deal from arfcom ee)
    A2
    HK sights
    CMMG LPK
    Spike's pistol buffer tube kit (tube, spring, and T2 buffer)
    Cheap-ass Botach endplate (I kick hippies wouldn't let me "close" the not-a-stock as far as I wanted)
    B5 pistol grip
    SB15
    Magpul trigger guard

DSC02140_zpsecebfdee.jpg

DSC02143_zps5bac9be5.jpg

DSC02141_zps298bf5ce.jpg

DSC02142_zpsebbc3066.jpg

SnuffyJD

Feb 15, 2013
    Catonsville
    Finally completed the build on the Engage upper/lower. This is a temporary configuration until I get my stamp to SBR.

Added the KAK tube and SB15 on the Spike's build.

Attachments

• IMG_0539.jpg
      IMG_0539.jpg
      92.2 KB · Views: 716

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Finally got mine together!
    Aero lower
    Spikes upper
    Noveske 8.5 ss barrel
    Troy free float rail
    Spikes enhanced lower kit
    Spikes bcg
    Phase 5 tube and buffer
    Noveske KST flash suppressor

Waiting on Sig stabilizer

Attachments

• 20141001_133555.jpg
      20141001_133555.jpg
      91.3 KB · Views: 698
    Last edited:

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    wow there a bunch of awesome builds in here since last time I looked, grats on finishing them up you guys!!

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    What is the purpose of any AR pistol chambered in .223/5.56 other than a range toy? It's definitely an attention getter with the outrageous muzzle flash and concussion but seems impractical with a barrel length shorter than 14.5" which the military says is the shortest without compromising performance of the round.

I considered it but 300 blackout seems much better suited to AR pistol builds.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    What is the purpose of any AR pistol chambered in .223/5.56 other than a range toy? It's definitely an attention getter with the outrageous muzzle flash and concussion but seems impractical with a barrel length shorter than 14.5" which the military says is the shortest without compromising performance of the round.

I considered it but 300 blackout seems much better suited to AR pistol builds.

I have been trying to decide for a while the pros and cons of building my pistol in either 5.56 or .300Blk.....

Do you not get the concussion and the huge blast on .300 blackout?

I already have a 16" AR chambered in 5.56 so i was leaning the .300 route anyways...

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I have been trying to decide for a while the pros and cons of building my pistol in either 5.56 or .300Blk.....

Do you not get the concussion and the huge blast on .300 blackout?

I already have a 16" AR chambered in 5.56 so i was leaning the .300 route anyways...

The blackout is designed for a shorter barrel- the 5.56 is not. Not as much wasted energy with the 300BLK.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    The blackout is designed for a shorter barrel- the 5.56 is not. Not as much wasted energy with the 300BLK.

While this may be true, there is not as much wasted energy as you may think (ballistics guys pls free free to chime in), at least not enough to justify the increase in cost of ammo imo.

A 7.5 inch 5.56 pistol isn't going to be used for long range bulls eye shooting, it will most likely be a home defense gun/ range toy.

idk maybe dudes are shooting their 300blk pistols out to 500 yards??..... That seems more impractical to me than a pistol in 5.56 for close range shooting.

If I'm doing some distance shooting it isn't going to be with a pistol of any kind

Last edited:

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    300blk is just friggin cool. It superior ballisticly speaking on almost every level compared to 5.56.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    While this may be true, there is not as much wasted energy as you may think (ballistics guys pls free free to chime in), at least not enough to justify the increase in cost of ammo imo.

A 7.5 inch 5.56 pistol isn't going to be used for long range bulls eye shooting, it will most likely be a home defense gun/ range toy.

idk maybe dudes are shooting their 300blk pistols out to 500 yards??..... That seems more impractical to me than a pistol in 5.56 for close range shooting.

If I'm doing some distance shooting it isn't going to be with a pistol of any kind

300 Blackout, 9" barrel, 125gr SMK, ~2150 FPS, Power Factor = ~269

5.56 9" barrel, 55 gr M193, ~2550 FPS, Power Factor = ~140 (along with big flash and report; all that unused energy has to go somewhere.)

Same size package, same mag capacity, significant power difference.

In fact, even my 300BLK subsonics are 225gr Hornady's, ~1020FPS, with a PF of ~230, and they sound like a pellet gun (with an AAC 762SD.) For home defense, this is what you want; not a deafening, fireball-throwing, neutered 223.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    In fact, even my 300BLK subsonics are 225gr Hornady's, ~1020FPS, with a PF of ~230, and they sound like a pellet gun (with an AAC 762SD.) For home defense, this is what you want; not a deafening, fireball-throwing, neutered 223.

I've wondered about the ballistics of subsonic 300BLK. Rifle cartridges (e.g. 5.56) do so much damage due to the velocity of the projectile and fragmentation; you're missing the velocity in 300BLK - in fact, from a basic perspective it seems to be more on par with .45ACP handgun ballistics. What about overpenetration concerns on heavy projectile? I'd like to see some solid research on wounding characteristics of subsonic 300BLK before I adopted it for HD over a 5.56 rifle.

Horseu

Aug 31, 2008
    I'm working on that, actually. I started it and it's rapidly turning into a novel, but it'll be up soon. My ideas was a complete "So you want to buy an AR15 in Maryland" guide that will cover rifle, pistol, and SBR, either buying or building.
    I've read a bunch of this thread ... I apologize for not reading it all, and for asking what I'm sure has already been asked and answered ... but how is this legal in MD? MD Code, Title 4, Subtitle 3, 4-301(2) lists as banned, the Bushmaster semiauto pistol ... "or a copy regardless of the producer or manufacturer." ... how can an AR pistol not be considered a copy?

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I've read a bunch of this thread ... I apologize for not reading it all, and for asking what I'm sure has already been asked and answered ... but how is this legal in MD? MD Code, Title 4, Subtitle 3, 4-301(2) lists as banned, the Bushmaster semiauto pistol ... "or a copy regardless of the producer or manufacturer." ... how can an AR pistol not be considered a copy?

Because this is a bushmaster semi auto pistol:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414293874.372734.jpg

Obviously not an AR pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom