• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Met up with a guy at Greentop on the way to the Black Creek Steel Match and picked up this beauty:

czsp01_zpsnwm69bsf.jpg

CZ SP-01, with one 16, one 18, and one 26 round mag. Night sights, aftermarket grips, the original box and paperwork (warranty card not filled out), and a crappy Uncle Mike's holster. The original owner stated 500 rounds through it, and apparently he didn't get around to cleaning it. When I got home this afternoon, I field stripped it and cleaned all of the gunk out. While dry firing, I noticed it had the same reset as my CZ-75B, which is pretty long. I'm going to have to order a new Blade-tech holster now. So far so good, I'll put a range report out after I get some more 9mm ammunition.

Twofer

Regular Guy
    Dec 13, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Very nice! The SP-01 is a great shooter. Looks like manual safety model? Good choice, the DA pull makes the decocker model a little less desirable IMO.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Met up with a guy at Greentop on the way to the Black Creek Steel Match and picked up this beauty:

czsp01_zpsnwm69bsf.jpg

CZ SP-01, with one 16, one 18, and one 26 round mag. Night sights, aftermarket grips, the original box and paperwork (warranty card not filled out), and a crappy Uncle Mike's holster. The original owner stated 500 rounds through it, and apparently he didn't get around to cleaning it. When I got home this afternoon, I field stripped it and cleaned all of the gunk out. While dry firing, I noticed it had the same reset as my CZ-75B, which is pretty long. I'm going to have to order a new Blade-tech holster now. So far so good, I'll put a range report out after I get some more 9mm ammunition.

Wow, that's hot. Like the grips too. :cool16:

Not what I expected either (you and JimBob2.0 have me conditioned to think that a nice CAS gun is a click away).

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Very nice! The SP-01 is a great shooter. Looks like manual safety model? Good choice, the DA pull makes the decocker model a little less desirable IMO.

I've owned one decocker pistol (S&W 1076) and won't own another. I've been spoiled by 1911 triggers.

Wow, that's hot. Like the grips too. :cool16:

Not what I expected either (you and JimBob2.0 have me conditioned to think that a nice CAS gun is a click away).

I need to spread the love around :D

Greentop....the unofficial FTF gun transaction capital of Virginia :D

Nice gun. Congrats!

It's "centrally located" so people from all over the state can meet up if they're not in the same area. The PO lived in Richmond and I was passing that way, so that's where we ended up meeting.

The plan is to shoot it until October or November and then have the following done to it:

1. Change to SAO
    2. SRS it
    3. Have a competition hammer installed
    4. Find a bigger ambi-safety. The current one takes to hands to set.

After finger-banging a CZ Target, I want this pistol to match it as much as possible. The tritium night sights are going to stay, I don't see any problems with them as is.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks, y'all. I forgot to add that I need to get a mag-well installed on this, too. I'm hoping to hit the range tomorrow. Now if Hornady would just bring their Steel Match ammo back into production...

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    The plan is to shoot it until October or November and then have the following done to it:

1. Change to SAO
    2. SRS it
    3. Have a competition hammer installed
    4. Find a bigger ambi-safety. The current one takes to hands to set.

After finger-banging a CZ Target, I want this pistol to match it as much as possible. The tritium night sights are going to stay, I don't see any problems with them as is.

So a mini CZ IPSC/Tactical Sport? :drool:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Ah, Blade Tech's 18% off coupon expired midnight this morning. I was going to send you over the code, but noticed the small print. :(

Yeah, buying this blew my budget for the month anyway. I also need dies/bullets/primers to feed this thing. I've squirreled away a ton of 9mm brass. With that said, any suggestions on competition loads? Heavy or light bullets? I'm not trying to make Major, so no +P+ stuff. Maybe a sub-sonic 154gr load?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom