• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    A guy on VA Guntrader is selling his SP-01 that's been to CGW. From his ad:

I just got it back from CGW and had Target sights installed, and a target crown performed on the barrel.

The gun has the pro package, which replaced all the pins, springs, sear, hammer, trigger and included a sweet trigger job. Numbers are in the 6# range for double action and 2# range for single action.

Also upgraded to the Shadow Safety, CZC Aluminum grips and a Stainless guide rod. Over $1600 easily went into this gun. I had my fun with it, but want to fund some other goodies. Roughly 700 rounds down range, but the gun is in 98% condition. Only issue is the tiniest of a nick on the slide which can barely be seen in the picture provided. Gun is a tac-driver if you have good trigger control. Im not amazing and I can hit standard notebook paper at 100 yards.

He's selling it for $1200. What say the hive?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    $900-1000. He probably has $1300 in it. He's inflating a bit to raise the asking price.

SP-01 used with no work are less than $600. I think the Pro package from CGW is $650.

I would onky pay that with all the receipts lusting the ser# of that gun. If he can't produce them, offer him $600.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    This one, SP-01 with a pro package and cerakote, sold in 1 day for $1,200
    http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=71527.0

You might need to register to see the post.
    CGW and CZ custom have prices on their websites, so you can price out most of the work people say they had done. Also be aware there is a difference in CGW installing their parts and some joker like me installing their parts.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    You can get basically the same gun, brand new from CGW for $1375

http://cajungunworks.com/guns_for_sale.html

I wouldn't call it a Shadow unless it is and the OP didn't mention it. By his description it's a Pro package sp01 with extended safety, $80 grips, guide rod, and target crown. You could buy that from CGW for $1150 plus the cost of the crown. CGW charges sights with a core refund for the OE Meprolight night sights, so they wouldn't have cost much (my non adj comp sights were $7 net fee).

$1000 would be fair for all parties with a bias to him IMO. Around $900 would be what I'd want to pay.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The Pro Package upgrade is $946, plus another $187 for the extra bits. Add in the cost of the original SP-01, and I can see the $1600 he has in it. I don't think he'll get what he's asking for, but I do have a nice turkey shotgun. I'll ping him again this weekend and see if he'll take my 11-87P with some cash. Thanks!

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    The Pro Package upgrade is $946, plus another $187 for the extra bits. Add in the cost of the original SP-01, and I can see the $1600 he has in it. I don't think he'll get what he's asking for, but I do have a nice turkey shotgun. I'll ping him again this weekend and see if he'll take my 11-87P with some cash. Thanks!

Are you sure that the Pro Package cost doesn't include the pistol?

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I was under the impression that it does include the pistol. I think the package by itself is 3-400 bucks if you were to send in your cz.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I was under the impression that it does include the pistol. I think the package by itself is 3-400 bucks if you were to send in your cz.

That ~$990 DOES include the pistol. That is how I got my SP-01 - NEW from CGW WITH Pro Package, sights, and grips for about $1100 shipped. You can send them your gun for the $4xx price.

The $1400ish option is for the SP-01 Shadow pistol with Pro Package; the base pistol is priced about $300 higher MSRP to begin with as compared to a normal SP-01.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Note: I did not include pricing for a target crown in any of my figures because I have no idea what that costs. If it's just a regular SP-01, he's overcharging for it IMO...but I'm no expert.

But I CAN say these guns are sweet shooters so I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up, at a reasonable price.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Note: I did not include pricing for a target crown in any of my figures because I have no idea what that costs. If it's just a regular SP-01, he's overcharging for it IMO...but I'm no expert.

But I CAN say these guns are sweet shooters so I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up, at a reasonable price.

Yes, he is.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    He ended up selling it this past weekend to someone else, so that's out the window. I'm selling my shotgun anyway and looking for someone local to sell a stock SP-01. I'm already geared up for 3-gun and now USPSA with my Para so I'm not in a rush to pick up a new pistol.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    He ended up selling it this past weekend to someone else, so that's out the window. I'm selling my shotgun anyway and looking for someone local to sell a stock SP-01. I'm already geared up for 3-gun and now USPSA with my Para so I'm not in a rush to pick up a new pistol.

I just got an SP01 Tactical and can't wait to take it to the range. It's also got a few CGW parts waiting to be installed... Hopefully I can provide a before/after review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom