• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E P LOWERS

Aug 26, 2013
    Bummer I was hoping it was for one of each color and the white one as a bonus. Any idea when the Clear one will be available?

Clear one is on hold. The material we are using for clears are different and subject to greater shrinkage in the injection molding process. That would require us to make mold modifications strictly for clears and that's just not cost effective right now. :( We do hope to do it in the future

John

E P LOWERS

Aug 26, 2013
    Went to freestate for range test, forgot they dont allow steel case ammo so my 5.45 is a no go. Went home and swap my regular 556. Put 250 rnds or so, performed like forged lower. Did a little abuse 3 rounds of 30rnd mag dump and didnt feel any difference while shooting. Went home and did a check up for looseness. The upper and lower held tight, pins for fire control stayed the same no slop, no sign of wear.
    I will do an outdoor shooting in few days this time with my 5.45 and will take a video how it performs...
    I am loving this lower right now...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Awesome! A range that won't allow steel case. What do they want to do pick up all your brass.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Ordered Wednesday night.....delivered today at noon!

First photo is requisite spread with feet in photo, second two show finish on lower (i think thats why these are blems). Last photo shows how easily mag goes into magwell (all of them fit and slide out easily). Although finish is fine for what i expected out of blems, they seem rugged enough. Will need to finish them to do a proper stress test. Now just need to finish them!

Attachments

• CIMG2334.jpg
      CIMG2334.jpg
      62.5 KB · Views: 311
    • CIMG2336.jpg
      CIMG2336.jpg
      86.2 KB · Views: 278
    • CIMG2335.jpg
      CIMG2335.jpg
      97.9 KB · Views: 300
    • CIMG2337.jpg
      CIMG2337.jpg
      46.7 KB · Views: 296

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Ordered Wednesday night.....delivered today at noon!

First photo is requisite spread with feet in photo, second two show finish on lower (i think thats why these are blems). Last photo shows how easily mag goes into magwell (all of them fit and slide out easily). Although finish is fine for what i expected out of blems, they seem rugged enough. Will need to finish them to do a proper stress test. Now just need to finish them!
    Awesome... it took me a little over 30 min. to mill it... good luck...

ecampo

Mar 3, 2008
    Just got my 3 blems that I ordered wednesday too. Slightly rough finish on about half of each lower. Very happy with them just need to decide on some builds now.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    yup, steel cased and steel cored ammos are a no no... and yup, you can pick up or leave your own brass...

Steel case is only an issue at ranges that recover & resell your brass. Otherwise the case has nothing to do with any potential damage down range. It's a pure profit play.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Question.... My brother got a Sand one and milled it out. He was test fitting a CMMG LPK and there is some side to side movement of the hammer. Should be be worried about this?

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Did you test fit it with the Hammer and Trigger Springs as well?

No. I didn't have time to stick around and play with it. He did try to drill the holes for the safety selector and I heard it didn't go well

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    No. I didn't have time to stick around and play with it. He did try to drill the holes for the safety selector and I heard it didn't go well

Is he using a drill press or a hand drill? What "didn't go well"? those seem like the most straight forward part of finishing it.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Is he using a drill press or a hand drill? What "didn't go well"? those seem like the most straight forward part of finishing it.

Free hand. He said it walked a bit and now doesn't line up when he tried to put the selector in.

E P LOWERS

Aug 26, 2013
    Free hand. He said it walked a bit and now doesn't line up when he tried to put the selector in.

We have had folks fill the side that is off with high strength epoxy and then they redrill and it works fine. Of course that isn't the optimal thing to do. We recommend and we can't stress enough go slow. Drill both sides. Do not attempt to drill from one side to the other. There is too much chance of the bit walking if its pressed too hard or the bit is dull. Under those circumstances this can happen even with a jig. Use a very small bit to run pilot holes through the detents and into the walls of the fcp. Then size up your holes. You may consider using a brad point or pilot point bit.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom