• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Mine will be quite blasé for most tastes, just a regular 5.56 carbine. Got everything but the BCG, barrel, and charging handle. Still undecided on mid-length or carbine gas system.

I don't think an AR can be blasé, people can be blasé about the AR. I don't think you used the word quite right in this sentence.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Dunno.
    My first build isn't quite finished (want optic) and I can't even afford more ammo at the moment, let alone another AR.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I don't think an AR can be blasé, people can be blasé about the AR. I don't think you used the word quite right in this sentence.

Meh... That is a difference of opinion, not semantics. With the wide (and growing) variety of available calibers for the AR platform, the 5.56 carbine can seem unimpressive to some, especially since in the context of most of the responses heretofore - many had expressed the desire to pursue other calibers and/or as a pistol format. In lieu of having to write all of this, I chose to use that word.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I'm building a Ar pistol. I need one more part for the lower then I need to decide what caliber I want it. I'm torn between 5.56 and 300 black out. I don't reload so 5.56 is kinda in the lead right now.

blodter

Aug 28, 2013
    Hagerstown, MD
    I'm probably going to put together an HBAR Aero Precision COP Monolithic rifle chambered in 5.56 in the next few months. I'm digging the integrated free floated hand guard on their upper receivers, and they've got some interesting ambidextrous lowers. Maybe if I start reloading, I'll rebuild it in 300 BLK or 6.5 Grendel.

Complete: http://aeroprecisionusa.com/complete/complete-rifles/ar15-blackhawk-complete-rifle-16-barrel-mid-cop.html

Lower: http://aeroprecisionusa.com/lower-receivers/ar15-ambidextrous-lower-receiver-gen-2.html

Upper: http://aeroprecisionusa.com/upper-receivers/cop-m4-ar15-continuous-optics-platform-mid-length-upper-receiver-minimalist-kit.html

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Thinking about building a .308. Can't see the attraction in an AR pistol since most of the ballistic advantages disappear once you get below a 10" barrel, especially in 6.8mm. Saw a nice .308 upper with a 26" barrel for sale the other day.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Thinking about building a .308. Can't see the attraction in an AR pistol since most of the ballistic advantages disappear once you get below a 10" barrel, especially in 6.8mm. Saw a nice .308 upper with a 26" barrel for sale the other day.

I see an AR pistol as something to have until the Form 1 comes back, allowing you to put a stock on it. :)

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    well i have lowers laying around so i am buyings parts here and there and i believe i will put a pistol in 556 together with a sig brace first and then build a dissapator second. just gotta get the finances back from before last october, well that and the new pistol i got the other day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom