• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I was looking at crossbows on Midway's site and both Horton crossbows are on clearance. Someone posted a review about how Horton went bankrupt and was bought out by another company that wouldn't warranty anything Horton made. Any truth to that?

StaFrosty

Feb 20, 2011
    Not in MD anymore!!
    Nope, ten point just purchased Horton's machinery and equipment. Ten point is doing no repairs to Horton's equipment, randy wood said they didn't purchase any parts for repair and weren't going to repair any bows.

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    Nope, ten point just purchased Horton's machinery and equipment. Ten point is doing no repairs to Horton's equipment, randy wood said they didn't purchase any parts for repair and weren't going to repair any bows.

Randy is a great guy, he is our go to man for our crossbows for our Wounded Warrior hunt every year. They have stepped up and helped us make things happen.

StaFrosty

Feb 20, 2011
    Not in MD anymore!!
    Yep, randy might be a good guy but those are his exact words to me. He didn't seem to be much on the customer service level, but oh well. All I needed was cables for my bows, sent back to Horton in January, Horton knew they were in trouble then but weren't telling anyone. Horton took my money for repairs and I received no repairs. I got an email from randy after I called Horton and found out they were defunct. Randy did return my bows after many emails and phone calls. I have since found a source for Horton parts and repairs.

Last edited:

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    my Horton crossbow was in the shop for a month and a half only for them to finally find out that they were bought out. and now i have a giant Horton paper weight and cant find the cam retainer anywhere

casencolb

Mar 5, 2014
    TenPoint is offering a Trade-In program for Horton owners. Some will love it, Some will hate it but fact of the matter is that TenPoint only bought the name and some selected assets from the bank that took control of Horton when they went bankrupt. They have no obligation to do anything but are at least offering some sort of help for those who will be in need of a new bow if their Horton is out of commission. I have not found any information on any other company offering to do anything. So Love it or Hate it, here it is

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/pages/horton-trade-in-program/

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Back in business but who owns them now?

Tenpoint

http://www.hortoncrossbows.com/pages/about/letter-from-the-ceo/

I was recently shopping for a new crossbow from TenPoint. When they sent me the instructor pricing, they also included pricing for "Horton Crossbow Innovations", and Wicked Ridge also.

Edit - the old horton company is dead, and so is their product line. Tenpoint created a new line of crossbows and is marketing them under the new name. The tenpoint accesories are compatible with the new Horton crossbows.

I purchased a Horton Storm RDX. I love it: light, compact, and accurate to 80 yards, with a trijicon xb2 acog.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom