Any security/defense work paying $80k+ ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    What line of security/defense work will pay $80k+ ?

I've missed being in the military, and at 39 I think I'm too old to rejoin, or even get into the police force for that matter.

Not interested in the police force to be honest, to many hypocrites, and the pay sucks (sorry fellow members).

I'm currently in software development, but honestly it's not the challenge I'm looking for anymore, and I'm glued to a chair all day.

Are there any kind of domestic (US) security/defense jobs that make good money.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    What line of security/defense work will pay $80k+ ?

I've missed being in the military, and at 39 I think I'm too old to rejoin, or even get into the police force for that matter.Not interested in the police force to be honest, to many hypocrites, and the pay sucks (sorry fellow members).

I'm currently in software development, but honestly it's not the challenge I'm looking for anymore, and I'm glued to a chair all day.

Are there any kind of domestic (US) security/defense jobs that make good money.

dont know about that.. just saw a guy older, running/training w/ the pg finest. (i work across the trainging facility).

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Looking for more of a career change though, and working with dumb users/managers/sales etc etc LOL

I forgotten how much I hate civilians, they have no respect, no loyalty, no common sense,
    and I think they believe in magical unicorns more than they do Standard Operation Procedures..

Geez, if people could just do their damn job, life would be so much easier..

Seriously, everyone had a job in the military, and everyone did it without question or debate.
    You knew the guy next to you would do what he was meant to, and he knew the same about you.

I'm lucky if I can get through a days work now, without having to do somebody else’s damn job (rant over)

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    I just took a PT job in security, FT would start at about 50k. I have no experience so mabye with .mil experience starting salary would be higher.

KP Shooter

Le Flâneur
    Dec 1, 2009
    Long Island/ MoCo
    Depending on what you did in the military, there are jobs to be had, you just have to talk to the right people. The real money is overseas. I know guys that pull in around $1000 a day, but the kind of stuff they do, they cant tell me. If you would be willing to "deploy" to Kuwait for a year, I know that most of those guys make $100k a year minimum. Granted, you have to live in kuwait for a while, which kinda sucks..

Of course, you said domestic.

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    I've missed being in the military, and at 39 I think I'm too old to rejoin, or even get into the police force for that matter.

Not interested in the police force to be honest, to many hypocrites, and the pay sucks (sorry fellow members).

nah pay aint bad.... bennies good... not too many hypocrites... starting at 45k

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Depending on what you did in the military, there are jobs to be had, you just have to talk to the right people. The real money is overseas. I know guys that pull in around $1000 a day, but the kind of stuff they do, they cant tell me. If you would be willing to "deploy" to Kuwait for a year, I know that most of those guys make $100k a year minimum. Granted, you have to live in kuwait for a while, which kinda sucks..

*cough* BlackWater (Xe) *cough*

If only I was single... sigh...

But you're on the right tracks, so where do I sign up? ;)

ranger3five

Dec 29, 2008
    Gorgous Prince George's
    I make six figures a year working contract security (conus and oconus) but I work over 12 hours a day and sometimes 7 days a week , Start putting yourself through security training at CCJA, US Training Academy ,ETC. It aint cheap but it pays off in the end . Also being ex military and or ex police helps with job placement .

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Most local police departments in this state will gladly take a 39 year old as long as he/she can pass all the entrance requirements. I see retired military going through my agency's academy all the time.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Not interested in the Police, and I'm looking to get paid more LOL ;)

Right now most Gov related jobs are out, as I'm a US resident, not a US citizen.
    (might have to wait it out, I'll be a citizen in ~6 months)

Although strangely you don't have to be a US citizen to join the US military, go figure LOL

nk02442

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 28, 2011

Those jobs are long gone. Unless you were a Ranger with cool guy schools, seal, sf, or pj, no one is going to hire you. About 8 years late on that. No even remotley reputable company is going to hire someone without mucho time on a two way firing range. To many ex SOCOM boys to pick from.

No one is going to hire you to career change at $85K a year, be realistic. In this economy, be happy you have a job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom