• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Hey all,

I own a health brokerage and wanted to post some info for ObamaCare Q&A. If ObamaCare goes into affect, it starts 10/1/13

If you have specific questions please post a message and I would be glad to answer them. Below are some links to resources about ObamaCare.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCnRyvyoVm-WntucJMkDtkonKsDafOwCB

If it goes into effect? You mean when. It is the law of the land, and has been validated by the Supreme Court. I doubt anything is going to change that in a week. :)

Seth

Sep 17, 2013
    Hey all,

I own a health brokerage and wanted to post some info for ObamaCare Q&A. If ObamaCare goes into affect, it starts 10/1/13

If you have specific questions please post a message and I would be glad to answer them. Below are some links to resources about ObamaCare.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCnRyvyoVm-WntucJMkDtkonKsDafOwCB

Where do I send my bill to Obama? He promised that my rates wouldn't go up and my family's plan doubled in cost. He isn't one to go back on a promise now is he?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    When does the free part start? Or the "Affordable"? All I have seen is rates/costs going up.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    1) Please do not troll this thread, I am NOT for the ACA however if it does come into people need to be able to position them self to the best of their ability.

2) Penalties:

The greater of 1% of your income or
    $95 per adult + $47.50 per child up to $285 as a family

The greater of 2% of your income or
    $325 per adult + $162.50 per child up to $975 as a family

The greater of 2.5% of your income or
    $695 per adult + $347.50 per child up to $2085 as a family

The ONLY way ObamaCare brings down the premium cost to the end user (not the total cost) is via Subsidies.

80% of americans will qualify for subsidies which essentially cap the premium by the % of your income. The difference is offset by subsidies (this is one of the main reasons ObamaCare cant work)

Here is a link to find out how much of a subsidy you would qualify for (or the max amount your health premium can cost under the silver plan)

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Ugh. I don't understand how they can legally "force" you to get insurance, or pay a FINE.... Its so unconstitutional. And it really doesn't matter how many congressmen/women stand against it, POTUS will just executive order something

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    When does the free part start? Or the "Affordable"? All I have seen is rates/costs going up.

Affordable?

Since the idea of Obama care my health insurance has gone up 25%

How is that Affordable?

It was only done for the votes to keep them in office

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    Affordable?

Since the idea of Obama care my health insurance has gone up 25%

How is that Affordable?

It was only done for the votes to keep them in office

Its not affordable to us...its affordable to the millions who didn't have it. Its basically welfare we weren't already supporting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Ugh. I don't understand how they can legally "force" you to get insurance, or pay a FINE....

I do.

Until they start turning people away at the ER who can't produce a credit card, cash or 650 middle score.....I'm sick of paying for every pill head and bum who shows up to the most expensive and LEAST effective care possible (ER). We all agree healthcare is an issue, just a matter of how to fix it the system.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    What is the difference between the "On Exchange" & "Off Exchange" markets?

On the exchange is the plans that are regulated as to coverage and qualify for subsidies via Obamacare. These are the exchanges the state or fed are supposed to setup.

The off exchange are the plans that are not listed on the state exchanges, these are the plans that are in force now.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    1) Please do not troll this thread, I am NOT for the ACA however if it does come into people need to be able to position them self to the best of their ability.

2) Penalties:

The greater of 1% of your income or
    $95 per adult + $47.50 per child up to $285 as a family

The greater of 2% of your income or
    $325 per adult + $162.50 per child up to $975 as a family

The greater of 2.5% of your income or
    $695 per adult + $347.50 per child up to $2085 as a family

The ONLY way ObamaCare brings down the premium cost to the end user (not the total cost) is via Subsidies.

80% of americans will qualify for subsidies which essentially cap the premium by the % of your income. The difference is offset by subsidies (this is one of the main reasons ObamaCare cant work)

Here is a link to find out how much of a subsidy you would qualify for (or the max amount your health premium can cost under the silver plan)

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/

There is no way in hell the government going to go after those penalties. Obama won't take money if people are starving or have the IRS take it from your refund. Congress will create more taxes to cover the losses. It's a law that won't be enforced.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    There is no way in hell the government going to go after those penalties. Obama won't take money if people are starving or have the IRS take it from your refund. Congress will create more taxes to cover the losses. It's a law that won't be enforced.

The idea is to get you to buy. Thats why the penalty cost almost as kuch as the insurance.

Zibner

Aug 15, 2013
    Lexington Park Md
    Its not affordable to us...its affordable to the millions who didn't have it. Its basically welfare we weren't already supporting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

It's socialized Medicine plain and simple. They keep talking how cheap it is for young people but for someone 50 it's $500 to $700, that's affordable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom