• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Are there any good shops in MD that carry large numbers of airguns? I'd like to see some of these in person before I buy.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Are there any good shops in MD that carry large numbers of airguns? I'd like to see some of these in person before I buy.

Not to my knowledge. What do you want to see? Dicks/Walmart/etc carry the basic starter Crosman lineup. If you're looking for something a bit further up the scale I know someone who could offer a large selection:innocent0

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Bass Pro has a larger lineup, but along the same vein as the other places. Pump or break barrel springers.

Clydes has some Benjamin PCP air rifles.

Spoon22

Jan 23, 2013
    There's one in chesterfield, va with hundreds of them that just opened. About 2.5 hr drive for you. The other option for you is to go play some airsoft in TAA Rockville where you can see other peoples guns and they also sell a few there.

Cosmo

Jun 19, 2013
    Frostburg
    Is anyone aware of any airgun(pellet) pistol that are of a repeater nature? I've been having a lot of fun with an old gammo p-23 since the ammo shortage, but would like to find something I didn't have to load after every shot.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Most retailers that carry air guns only display a very small subset of what is available. My advice would be to go to Pyramid Air and view their detailed inventory listings and customer reviews.

Their return exchange policy is pretty liberal ...

Please take your time to review our online air gun catalog, and then buy the air gun or pellet gun you like from the convenience of your home. If you are not ready to buy yet, just look at and compare the air rifles we carry. We have the strongest possible warranty, and if you are not happy with your air gun, just return it within 30 days. Read our Exchange/Refund policy for more information.

•Within 30 days of receipt of your order, you may return any item in new condition along with its original packaging and any accessories for a full product refund ... {less shipping charges}

I have purchased from them in the past and have been very pleased with their service.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Let me know if you decide to go with PYRAMID AIR. Patty and I have a contact in the service area and he is great to work with.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Crosman 600:thumbsup: is full semi-auto. There are plenty of revolvers too. There are some pistols that take rotary revolver like mags internally. Plenty that you cock w/ a bolt too. But sliding ten .22 pellets into a Crosman 600's tube is quick and easy. The market rate for them is about $200. They're CO2 gas hogs and you can get ~3 reloads (~30 pellets)/cartridge. I have a couple of them.

Just google "semiauto pellet pistol" and you should find plenty.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    The front case in the Silver Spring Atlantic used to be filled with Air Rifles & Pistols, I don't know if it still is ? Call Dale or Joel and ask. 301-585-4448

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    If you don't find what you are interested in, I'd suggest that you just post what models you are considering and seek comments. I have a couple of them and probably among all the guys on here we collectively probably have a lot of them. At least we could give you feedback on the stuff we own before you make a purchase. If you are near me and I have what you are looking for you are welcome to check out mine in person.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    The front case in the Silver Spring Atlantic used to be filled with Air Rifles & Pistols, I don't know if it still is ? Call Dale or Joel and ask. 301-585-4448

This + Hendershots in Hagerstown had some the last time I was in.

I purchased my daughters air rifle from pyramid air and they are great to deal with. We had the advantage of seeing what we were getting at the rifle club.

I know that Damascus IWLA has a filed target league so getting an idea of what's out there might warrant a trip to watch a match

There are lots of different propulsion types each with there own trade offs. I bought a rifle which uses compressed scuba air rather than CO2, and given the designated use, didn't want a 'springer' as she'd need to break position every shot. Springers are great for hunting though as you aren't reliant on an external source of 'power'

---
    Shamr0ck

timp4411

Jun 14, 2013
    There's one in chesterfield, va with hundreds of them that just opened. About 2.5 hr drive for you. The other option for you is to go play some airsoft in TAA Rockville where you can see other peoples guns and they also sell a few there.

I'd like to know the name of the new store too.

I googled AirGuns in Chesterfield, VA and came up pretty much blank.

It may too new to show up on the radar yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom