• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Quite frankly, this is lawless behavior, and the citizens of Mass (though they will not) should act lawlessly based upon it.

This tyranny needs to end and it is clear we are headed somewhere dangerous, the only questions are when and where. It would be quite ironic if some patriots stood upon a hilltop not far from Boston for the second time in our history.

Just had that same conversation here...

But they will need, IMO, to remember Watertown.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Is this really "new ground" ? I thought CA and NJ already had something similar? And NYC?

When people complain about MD, it can always be worse...

States have banned certain types of firearms, but this is the first attempt at making a state "may issue" for the purchase of a firearm.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    States have banned certain types of firearms, but this is the first attempt at making a state "may issue" for the purchase of a firearm.

It's the first time I can recall they have May Issue for long arms and shotguns, and that apparently this bill is at the local level, and not state.

The Boston police chief has basically said he won't authorize anyone within the city to own any type of gun, even shotguns.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Is this really "new ground" ? I thought CA and NJ already had something similar? And NYC?

When people complain about MD, it can always be worse...

NJ requires a firearms ID to purchase long guns and pistol ammo (in NJ) but they are issued on a shall-issue basis. They can also be used to carry (long guns only).

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013

For long guns, yes. But remember we had two court cases - Heller and McDonald - which dealt with may-issue policies for handgun registration.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    We already have to get an FPID, Firearms Purchaser ID, card in NJ in order to purchase anything in NJ.

Yeah but unless you're a felon you're pretty much going to get a FPIC once you apply for one.

Mass is taking it to a whole new level, just like how NJ handles carry permits - requiring a need and the CLEO can decide to not issue one "just because."

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Files right in the face of petura and Heller.. good.

What is needed is an assult on qualified immunity.. given Heller this appears willful..

I would think we have a shot at breaching qualified immunity... could be worth making the point....

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Files right in the face of petura and Heller.. good.

What is needed is an assult on qualified immunity.. given Heller this appears willful..

I would think we have a shot at breaching qualified immunity... could be worth making the point....
    "They shall pay with their blood, treasure, and what is left of their supposedly sacred honor."

If they care to infringe rights, then let them eat cake is what I'm saying. They can pick from one of the above on which they will forfeit should they make these choices.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    "They shall pay with their blood, treasure, and what is left of their supposedly sacred honor."

If they care to infringe rights, then let them eat cake is what I'm saying. They can pick from one of the above on which they will forfeit should they make these choices.

Well let's start with treasure... I think we can win and even if not its worth a shot... put them on notice..

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The first case of a police chief denying because of "need" will trigger a lawsuit for sure. Assuming Scotus doesn't act on a carry case, perhaps "may-issue" gets struck down as an invalid regulation, period.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    The people that dream this ch*t up are truly evil. Massachusetts has become what it fought to free itself from in just a little over 200 years. :sad20:

Commissioner Evans claimed that “[f]or the most part, nobody in the city needs a shotgun, nobody needs a rifle, . . . I want to have discretion over who’s getting any type of gun because public safety is my main concern and as you know it’s an uphill battle taking as many guns off the street right now without pumping more into the system.”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/05/m...eaks-new-ground-in-gun-control/#ixzz39dBca3JO

Is that oath breaking son-of-a-bitch suggesting all Bostonians should be armed with pistols? Didn't think so since he wants control over any type of gun! Maybe the Commissioner ought to be gagged, then tarred and feathered, because after all he doesn't need to speak or otherwise exercise his 1st Amendment in Boston. Maybe he should report to a government official that will decide when he can open his damn trap and what he can say.:sad20: How do these people get into let alone keep their positions? Have they no conscience?

This is the type of stuff, with out a groundswell of opposition that shuts it down, that suggests the cause and the principles this country was founded on are lost. I am so glad this forum exists. Its about the only thing that keeps me on course.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    This is why I am somewhat grateful the MDGA is only is session 3 months out of the year. It limits damages...

What part of "infringe" did they miss in the COTUS???

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    salem witch hunt has been long gone.. but i think it should be brought back for this guy.

lol

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    this is vomit inducing. Mass has always been blaming anything for its crime problem. for the entire time i lived in vermont growing up it was vermonts fault for easy to get guns and mass was trying to get vermont to enact gun laws (failed so far).

so basically instead of dealing with the crooked cops and politicians and organized crime they just want to only let the criminals and those that bribe the police to have guns. Because all the law abiding citizens of boston and the burbs buy guns and give them to criminals, or casually leave them in their unlocked shed in the back yard....

stupid massholes

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    "A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs." - Judge Benson Everett Legg March 2, 2012

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom