• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Has anyone tried it? I did for the first time this morning and found it to be much more enjoyable and comfortable than adapting my body to the ergonomics of a range shooting table, or laying on the ground, with absolutely no loss of accuracy.

Feisol CT-3372 tripod $548
    Feisol CB-70D ball head $245
    Hog Saddle $309
    = $1102

The tripod can handle prone, seated, or standing positions and the package has more than enough weight capacity for my 18lb rifle setup. I am now questioning the need for a bipod. I've wanted to buy this equipment for two years now and after using it this morning, I'm questioning why I waited so long before getting setup like this.

d9c06040-d9d7-41c8-8ac4-33f2826ca22c_zpssgmucs6v.jpg

If I ever take this rifle on a hunting trip, the tripod will absolutely be coming with me.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Yes actually had to make our own in sniper school. Didn't have the ball joint though. Nice setup, oh and the TacOps ain't bad either. :cool:

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Yes actually had to make our own in sniper school. Didn't have the ball joint though. Nice setup, oh and the TacOps ain't bad either. :cool:

The ball head is the key to the ease of use here. It can be done without the head, but the head makes that rifle float in the air and move with very little effort.

The TacOps is great. :D

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    When I made mine I split a 4" piece pvc pipe used a piece of sleeping bed mat shoe glued into the inside of the pipe and hot glued the pipe to the tripod head. Worked pretty sweet. Very useful from an inside hide shooting from window or other elevated position where prone just would not be practical.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have out to 1200 yards, I love shooting off of a tripod . I find I can really be steady for the way out shots :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom