• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott's Gunsmithing

Industry Partner
    Mar 21, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD
    http://www.scotts-gunsmithing.com/its-back-the-urban-broom/

URBAN BROOM 870 Back up for sale!

This NON-N.F.A. 14.00" Remington 870 12 Gauge is ONLY FOR SALE IN STORE (NO SHIPPING)

This gun is now sold via 4473 Instant Check. The buyer does NOT need to wait 7 days, have a HQL, do MSP Paperwork, or have HQL exemptions. The Firearm does NOT require a Integrated Lock or a Roster Submission as the MSP has said they are a Receiver as sold.

Standard Model $650.00 + Maryland Tax

Choke Model $775.00 + Maryland Tax (INCLUDES one Improved Cylinder Flush Rem-Choke, Removable Breacher Choke is an additional $45.00)

These Firearms are sold WITHOUT a Barrel at the time of purchase, but Firearm does include a Coupon for a 14" Barrel for $1.00. The Customer CAN NOT install the Barrel on the Firearm in the Store, Showroom, or in the Parking Lot. Once the customer goes home they can assemble the Firearm.

This has to be done because Maryland Law defines this type of Firearm (once assembled) as a "Handgun" due to the Barrel Length and cannot be sold completed as its not on the Maryland Handgun Roster, nor does it have an Integrated Lock Device.

It is completely LEGAL for a Non-Prohibited, Maryland Resident, to Assemble or Manufacture a "Handgun" at home as long as they don't plan to resell the Firearm. The buyer CAN NOT re-sell this Firearm in Maryland. No engraving is necessary and no additional paperwork is necessary.

The Pistol Grip CAN NOT be swapped out on this firearm as it would reduce the overall length to be under 26.00" which would make it N.F.A. The Barrel also cannot be cut any shorter, nor can the Barrel be installed on ANY other shotgun unless it is a TAX PAID N.F.A. A.O.W. or S.B.S.

NOTE: This Firearm falls under HANDGUN Transport Laws in Maryland once assembled.

SPECS:

-Make: Remington
    -Model: Factory Pistol Gripped 870 12 Gauge
    -Designation: THE URBAN BROOM (Other Designations unclude Witness Protection or Witness Security)
    -Black Custom Polymer Pistol Grip
    -Black Nylon Forward Strap
    -Gunsmith Barrel Cut and Re-Crowned 14.00" (Smooth Bore)
    -Overall Length 26.50"
    -Caliber 12G (2.75" & 3.00")
    -Type of Firearm: OTHER (Per FEDERAL LAW this Firearm is NOT a Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, or N.F.A Device. Per Maryland Law it is a HANDGUN once assembled)
    -Furniture: Black Synthetic
    -Finish: Matte Blued (Remember that Bluing can RUST easily, so please use a GOOD Protectant such as EEZOX or Barricade)
    -Weight: 6.00 lbs UNLOADED
    -Capacity: 4+1
    -Firing Techniques: (Videos Under Construction)
    -Sling Points: Front and Rear
    -Sights: NONE (Prevents users from busting their face)
    -Choke: NONE Unless Selected
    -Options NONE

Last edited by a moderator:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So, its a pistol as far as MD is concerned? Kinda takes away the allure, changes transport and all.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So, its a pistol as far as MD is concerned? Kinda takes away the allure, changes transport and all.

As far as Maryland sees them yes. This has been the deal from the beginning.

This is not a truck gun because handgun transport laws apply.

Same applies to SBR's , AOW's, and SBS's in regards to MD.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The Website explains the firearm. Its a PGO (Pistol Grip Other) Firearm as sold under Federal Law.

Once the buyer attaches the barrel at home its still an PGO firearm per Federal Law.

Per MARYLAND Law its a "Handgun" once the owner assembles it. No MD FFL can sell this assembled because MD Law says ANY Firearm with a barrel length less than 16" is a HANDGUN, thus the Fired Shell Casing, 7 Day Wait, Maryland Roster, and HQL comes into play. A Maryland Resident who is NOT prohibited CAN "build" a home made Handgun.

The gun CAN NOT be sold in Maryland after its converted by the owner because its not on the MD Handgun Roster. To sell it one would have to locate another barrel to bring the barrel to 16.00".

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    No, it just means you cant buy it with the barrel on it in the store. The firearm is legal in the manner its sold and if the owner installs the barrel.

The sucky part is Maryland Transport Law in regards to this firearm, but the same applies to SBS's, SBR's, and AOW's but this does not need NFA Tax Stamps.

pics 4 & 7 in the slideshow on the website show a muzzle dev ice (cool! what is it?) but the other pics don't seem to show threading. Could you please explain/clarify?

Do you have these in stock now? Lookis like a GREAT piece to carry on hikes i ngrizzly country (though better if parkerized/cerakoted...)

THANKS!!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    pics 4 & 7 in the slideshow on the website show a muzzle dev ice (cool! what is it?) but the other pics don't seem to show threading. Could you please explain/clarify?

Do you have these in stock now? Lookis like a GREAT piece to carry on hikes i ngrizzly country (though better if parkerized/cerakoted...)

THANKS!!

They offer two Models, 1 standard (No Threading), and 2 the Threaded Choke Model (Comes with an IC Choke). They are threaded for Rem Chokes if you get the threaded model.

The Breacher Choke is pictured in some photos and can be purchased separately for $40.00 if I remember correctly.

You DO NOT get better patterns with chokes on this barrel length, its more of a neat accessory.

Im not sure if we have more. Best bet it to call the store 410-761-9815 on Tuesday and ask for Larry (Store Manager) or Greg (BLACKTALON) and they can give you inventory status.

There are some neat mini scabbards at the shop for these as well. Not sure on the colors though.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    They offer two Models, 1 standard (No Threading), and 2 the Threaded Choke Model (Comes with an IC Choke). They are threaded for Rem Chokes if you get the threaded model.

The Breacher Choke is pictured in some photos and can be purchased separately for $40.00 if I remember correctly.

You DO NOT get better patterns with chokes on this barrel length, its more of a neat accessory.

Im not sure if we have more. Best bet it to call the store 410-761-9815 on Tuesday and ask for Larry (Store Manager) or Greg (BLACKTALON) and they can give you inventory status.

There are some neat mini scabbards at the shop for these as well. Not sure on the colors though.

Thanks, Chad. I will call and check.

Aside from the cool factor, I'd use a breacher choke to protect the muzzle (I'm OCD that way). With a barrel that short fine tuning the pattern is not a top priority :D But the FU MOM quotient is absolutely outta sight.:party29::party29:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Remember guys Im not at the store and have no hands in this project anymore.

Im posting ALL of this for Scott from phone conversations.

All reservations/transactions for this gun has to be done through the store. I have not been there in 15 months.

The stores # is 410-761-9815 and they are closed till Tuesday at 10AM

Last edited:

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Just to show how influential theses posts are, my mom saw the shotgun when it first debuted long before that shop out west got audited and said "We need to get one of those", but then they got pulled until all the red tape got sorted out and we figured we missed our chance, especially given how the BATFE has been with certain firearm accessories (Sig brace?).

I told her that they were back up for sale again and now one may soon be added to our growing collection. :party29:

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    The in-house scabbard is very affordable at $45. They have them in black and olive.

A question about the foregrip. Can we replace it with the DSF-870 from surefire and still be in the clear as far as the Feds are concerned? It doesn't alter the overall length, but I figured with these things, its better to ask permission than forgiveness.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The in-house scabbard is very affordable at $45. They have them in black and olive.

A question about the foregrip. Can we replace it with the DSF-870 from surefire and still be in the clear as far as the Feds are concerned? It doesn't alter the overall length, but I figured with these things, its better to ask permission than forgiveness.

Yes the 870 SF Forend can be installed without legal issue, BUT it may not fit in a scabbard after that.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Did not even think about the scabbard. Its a tight fit as it stands. I think I'll just wait and see of EOTech updates their LED tech any time soon. 250 lumen isn't bad, but I'm planning on keeping this as a garage gun since my tooling around usually runs after sundown. The further out I can see a foaming racoon the better.

And yes, the garage is locked and has no window for any aspiring hanger artists. Plus I have a camera in there too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom