• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    Anyone know where you can get some first hand accounts from whoever has done this? I have been recruited before to go over there due to my military qualifications and I chose not to, but I would be more open to it now. I would have to talk to a few people first before I even considered it though.

I know A LOT of Contractors, and I have worked with a lot of Contractors. As a guy who is close to military retirement I pick their brain a lot.

Here is the deal - the first $80k is tax free if you work outside the US for one year. Under a year or over $80k the IRS will run up in you for the full 25%+. So if you are making above $80k you need to be making over $120k to even make it worth you while. Of course, as an IC nearly everything in your life is tax deductible. Get a good tax guy and save all of your receipts.

As for Vinnell, I don't know much about them but I know a bit about military contracting in The Kingdom. It would seem that one of their big GMs is Lieutenant General Robert S. Coffey (Ret). There is going to be a lot work coming out of Saudi in next few years. The Saudis are gravely concerned about ISIL and their military is not ready for what happens next.

The working conditions are usually pretty crappy by civilian standards. But by military standards it's not bad.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Ok, The Tax exemption is up to 92.5K and you have to be out of the US for 330 Days out of 365 to meet the IRS Tax exemption (you Can go back to the USA for leave but just don't exceed the 30 day mark) after you meet this first requirement the next year falls under Bona fide Resident...which allows basically drops the 330 requirement but you have to be working outside the US...So once you meet the Tax Exemption you will get most of your Taxes back...Now if your Start and Stop Tax Cycle falls different then the Tax Year Jan to Jan File in Apr, you just extend to file in order to meet the Tax Exemption Criteria... If you go over the 92.5K the overage is Taxed against the total gross rate.

There is Also Tax Equalization, which is a Totally different animal but you still make out...

Vinnell is slightly Military oriented, you get uniforms, a car if required (Not New), hours are 5:30am to 3:00pm...

If you want my opinion on Vinnell PM Me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom