• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    My wife recently turned down a job interest with a medical equipment manufacturer which required nearly 100% travel. Those kinds of jobs can be world-wide.

Get your resume together and start cold calling them. List the big ones, like Abbott or whatever type of company you want to work for. Find their HR dept call and ask to speak to someone. Get someone's name that you can send your resume. Put together a nice cover letter and mail it to them personally with a typed (not hand written) envelope. Call 4 business days later and ask if they had a chance to read it. Be polite but firm, you have to sell yourself. If they say no then thank them for their time. Follow up with an e-mail thanking them and to keep you in mind. Then call them back every 30 days.

So many candidates these days expect they can put their resume on Linkedin and the good offers will come flooding in. You will have satisfaction if you go out and find the job yourself.

This will be the best job of your career. You no longer have to take something just to put bread on the table, you get to apply for a job you want. Take your time and have fun with it.

jrwhitt

May 27, 2012
    Look at what IBM has available for Technical Pre-Sales support. You aren't the sales weasel but a product expert who supports him/her

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I have a great respect for those in the millitary, but I dont' think it's for me.

Sales jobs might be a bit difficult for me. While I'm not a complete social outcast or anything, I don't have the super extroverted silvertounge personality sales people do.

I've been thinking about it, I'm still young, I'm not very popular with the ladies, so why not make the most of it and spend a few years working for a company that sends me all over to fix shit.

Try becoming a GSer with DISA. They have inspection and red teams that travel worldwide.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Consulting. Half the firms in america are based in nothern VA. Tell them you want to travel and you will forget you have a home.

great advice.

also with software and IT experience, check out the ERP firms who are doing installs worldwide all the time. deltek, SAP, etc

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    kim.jpg

Saving the world before bedtime?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I checked out the links, all the jobs seemed to be web programming. I have almost no experience there sadly.

In the age of technology, you'd think there would be easier ways to find jobs.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I checked on the two jobs listed, unfortunately, they were programming jobs. Never been a programmer, I just do awesome tech support and consulting. I'll have to try some consulting firms next week.

It's just sad, I see people posting about how they hate to travel, and here I am can't get out of my house fast enough and I can't find anything.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I checked on the two jobs listed, unfortunately, they were programming jobs. Never been a programmer, I just do awesome tech support and consulting. I'll have to try some consulting firms next week.

It's just sad, I see people posting about how they hate to travel, and here I am can't get out of my house fast enough and I can't find anything.

Pre-sales is your best bet, like god other guys said, IBM is the place to start.

Mr H

Banana'd

Did you get the pm link I sent you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom