• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    It should use the French APX L806 scope. But it is too expensive now. Together with the scope mount, the price will be over $700.

I googled and found some basic info about the French APX L806 scope. Only limited info is available from the link below:

Magnification: 3.85
    Length without eyecup: 159mm
    Weight with mount: 495g

http://www.yesterdaysweapons.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3477

Based on these info, can you recommend a modern scope to substitute the APX L806 scope? I cannot be long or the brass will hit it.

Thanks much.

Attachments

• 0000.jpg
      0000.jpg
      6.9 KB · Views: 1,122
    • H29864.jpg
      H29864.jpg
      64.6 KB · Views: 1,917

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Get one of the generic mounts (S&K, McCann, etc) and use whatever scope you want, preferably a scope with 4 inches or so of eye relief.

SlowShooter

SeaWaves not TigerStripes
    Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Buy a generic mount (a used K-Var is the best) as Boomboom suggested ($120). A BUSHNELL TSR-25 ($85) red dot, and a cheek rest ($15) will complete the setup. For years, I did try a number of 4X scopes but they all were too high mounted. Original French scope is the best for the rifle. At $700_$800, I do not think it's expensive compared to other military grade scopes. Good luck.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    French rifle? Put the scope on backwards. Everyone will appear far away and you will be less inclined to surrender.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    French rifle? Put the scope on backwards. Everyone will appear far away and you will be less inclined to surrender.

I was going to remark that french scopes have to be very robustly built so as to survive all of that dropping. Very difficult to hold on to the rifle when both hands are in the air. :lol2:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    MAS's are good guns but all in you may want to stick with the irons in 7.5 French. Ammo isn't super available and the PRVI stuff is pricey. Just may not be the rifle to invest in optics for. My MAS 36 hasn't seen action in a decade event though I have about 1k or 7.5 on hand.

SlowShooter

SeaWaves not TigerStripes
    Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    MAS's are good guns but all in you may want to stick with the irons in 7.5 French. Ammo isn't super available and the PRVI stuff is pricey. Just may not be the rifle to invest in optics for. My MAS 36 hasn't seen action in a decade event though I have about 1k or 7.5 on hand.

Very sorry for your hardship. If you allergic to MAS rifles in 7.62 NATO (it has no historic value as M1A, FAL or even all AK and AR rifles out there) you should invest in loading equipment and try to learn how to reload. It is also a very intellectual hobby.

jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately red dot is not for folks with near sight and astigmatism. What cheek rest would recommend?

Buy a generic mount (a used K-Var is the best) as Boomboom suggested ($120). A BUSHNELL TSR-25 ($85) red dot, and a cheek rest ($15) will complete the setup. For years, I did try a number of 4X scopes but they all were too high mounted. Original French scope is the best for the rifle. At $700_$800, I do not think it's expensive compared to other military grade scopes. Good luck.

jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    Reloading is my next project in the future...

Very sorry for your hardship. If you allergic to MAS rifles in 7.62 NATO (it has no historic value as M1A, FAL or even all AK and AR rifles out there) you should invest in loading equipment and try to learn how to reload. It is also a very intellectual hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom