• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Is it considered a high capacity ammunition feeding device in MD?

Does it make a difference if it has ammo in it or not?

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Thanks for the offer, but I have no use for one.

Mainly I'm trying to figure our what its status is under MD's whacky new magazine capacity law. Is it legal or not?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Well you can remove the ammunition feeding device without the use of tools thanks to the quick release on a Vickers. So my guess is yes, Since SB281 it now counts. I had several of mine shipped to VA.

On other note, do you have a Vickers? If so you should come shoot with us at the AGC! It would be awesome shooting next to my Maxims.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    I am interested if belts are band for sale in MD because I am looking for a cloth belt for my .50 cal. The couple of places online I have found them wont ship to MD.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I am interested if belts are band for sale in MD because I am looking for a cloth belt for my .50 cal. The couple of places online I have found them wont ship to MD.

You are not going to find a great answer. The law is not written with the idea of dealing with Belts. They say in the law that if the action must be opened to remove the ammo feeding device, thats its not a detachable mag. On a Cloth belt on a M2HB, you have to pop the top cover. In my book thats opening the action, so I think you are safe. I would expect any store to just ban all mag/belt sales to MD as they are not going to get into what gun the belt is for. Just get it shipped to a friend out of state and go get it. You have a M2HB or something close?

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    You are not going to find a great answer. The law is not written with the idea of dealing with Belts. They say in the law that if the action must be opened to remove the ammo feeding device, thats its not a detachable mag. On a Cloth belt on a M2HB, you have to pop the top cover. In my book thats opening the action, so I think you are safe. I would expect any store to just ban all mag/belt sales to MD as they are not going to get into what gun the belt is for. Just get it shipped to a friend out of state and go get it. You have a M2HB or something close?

Cloth belts for the 50 are a little harder to come by so I have fewer options. There are always links but then you have to worry about putting more than 10 rounds together in MD at a time. And yes I have a semi M2HB it's just not together yet.

Attachments

• m2 009.jpg
      m2 009.jpg
      60.3 KB · Views: 72

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    It's interesting, honestly. Whether a magazine is detachable or not depends on the firearm, not the magazine itself (ie. an AR15 HBAR with a bullet button makes the same AR magazine non-detachable.) If belts are detachable magazines, you can't transfer them in MD. I think the more interesting point is if they are fixed magazines, if they are for a centerfire semiautomatic rifle purchased 10/1, you can't use any belt over 10 rounds in the rifle (copycat test ii.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom