• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Friday is not possible from central Maryland - need a helicopter to avoid the traffic on the beltway and I-666.

Last time I went, there was a vendor selling 80% lowers AND the jig. He seemed willing to make a deal - being a lot of Virginians there, I guess he wasn't getting too much business. Lowers are cash-n-carry there.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    It's on my list of things I'd like to do. The Friday time change really screws up the convenience of this show for me though

i agree, used to walk over at lunch but now that it opens at 3 that doesn't work well for me.

the center was expanded so it might be that we'll see more vendors & tables there.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    How are the dealers at the show in regards to MD residents? I remember hearing about one to avoid that will give us a mouthful of opinions.

Always wanted to go, but have chosen to avoid two headaches (traffic and opinions).

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    How are the dealers at the show in regards to MD residents? I remember hearing about one to avoid that will give us a mouthful of opinions.

Always wanted to go, but have chosen to avoid two headaches (traffic and opinions).

Most will work with you on long guns; handguns not so much even though there's usually a MD FFL there to take in transfers.

Personally I'm looking for some AR build parts and a deal on a 10/22.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Most will work with you on long guns; handguns not so much even though there's usually a MD FFL there to take in transfers.

Personally I'm looking for some AR build parts and a deal on a 10/22.

Nice, thanks for the info.

Not sure if you have seen them, but the 10/22 collectors edition is nice. Saw a few with Tru-Glo sights at the PG show that were sweet too. I think they were anniversary editions? Not sure.

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022RCS/models.html

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I may try to go if I can find the time. I will be walking around with an M1 Garand and/or a Lee Enfield No. 1 Mk. III* to sell to fund either a Beretta A400 Xplor Action, Krag of some kind, or a Springfield 1903/Remington M1917.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    It's a great show! I'll likely be there with my 18mo old son on Saturday morning.

I am hoping to score a G1 Keltec Sub2000. gonna need some luck...

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Nice, thanks for the info.

Not sure if you have seen them, but the 10/22 collectors edition is nice. Saw a few with Tru-Glo sights at the PG show that were sweet too. I think they were anniversary editions? Not sure.

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022RCS/models.html

Fondled one of those last weekend at the VFW show. Nice, but it's a waste on me though as I'll be throwing half the factory parts in a bin :toothless

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Fondled one of those last weekend at the VFW show. Nice, but it's a waste on me though as I'll be throwing half the factory parts in a bin :toothless

Good man.

Picked up a Bass Pro special (camo stock...ew) with a SS barrel and am going to swap it out. One of the cheapest ways I could find to go stainless. I really like that picatinny rail.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Good man.

Picked up a Bass Pro special (camo stock...ew) with a SS barrel and am going to swap it out. One of the cheapest ways I could find to go stainless. I really like that picatinny rail.

Nodak makes a rail with a rear sight just like that you can add to any 10/22.

(Sorry for the thread derail)

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    This weekend will be crowded. Terrorism attacks turbocharge attendance at gun shows.

Just had a call from a non-gun owner friend that "it was time...."

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Good show every year. Friday hours are terrible this year, wonder why they changed?

I've asked a few vendors about selling to MD resident, not much luck though. Maybe better this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom