• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I bought a stripped lower and picked it up this week after the 8 day wait, and am looking at the various lower build kits and saw PSA has a bunch, but wondering if anyone recommends which are the best. I also have no idea how to put everything together, so is there an instruction manual online I can check out?

My plan is to get a 6.8 HBAR upper for it. The RRA Coyote Carbine one.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just avoid anything PTAC and you should be g2g.

Mopar or anyone close by can show you how to get everything together. It's not terribly complicated, but it is easier to have someone walk you thru your first time.

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    I recommend the brownells videos. PSA parts are GTG, have a rag handy to clean the grease off the fire control group.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    PSA has a lot of diferent kits. If you plan on putting in a high end trigger they have lower kits without the trigger. I usually buy kits without the trigger, stock and sometimes the grip.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Pretty sure it's weidners tht has the anderson lpk's on sale for 49.99 right now. I bought two earl last week for the three builds I have going

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I bought the PSA one without the FCG (fire control group, aka the trigger) Put it in my Engage lower.

I bought a Geissele SSA trigger. It all works great.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Assembly is not difficult, but it does take a couple of tools and a little know how.. there are tons of online resources, YT vids, etc, but.. if you need help, I would gladly lend some assistance. I have the tools needed for all the various steps on an upper/lower build and have done many of them, just shoot me a message if I can help out. ;)

The comments about buying a LPK without trigger, stock, grip etc are very valid.. The basic LPK's leave a lot to be desired from a trigger standpoint (very important!) and the stocks and grips are mostly all very basic and most of us upgrade those, so getting a LPK with no trigger and stock and selecting those separately will save you a lot of time, money and aggrivation.. lol

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    1) PSA seems to ship when they feel like it. And are not shipping legal parts to MD.

2) I have an Anderson lower and did an Anderson LPK in it (actually their kit including buttstock and buffer and spring). Worked well, but the trigger was not the greatest. But I put Geisseles in mine.

3) Pretty easy to do, but I suggest getting the two sizes of roll pin starters and roll pin punches. 3/32" and 1/8" IIRC.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    1) PSA seems to ship when they feel like it. And are not shipping legal parts to MD.

2) I have an Anderson lower and did an Anderson LPK in it (actually their kit including buttstock and buffer and spring). Worked well, but the trigger was not the greatest. But I put Geisseles in mine.

3) Pretty easy to do, but I suggest getting the two sizes of roll pin starters and roll pin punches. 3/32" and 1/8" IIRC.

Speaking of triggers feeling funny I went with the replacement bravo company 5lb trigger spring kit off of eBay. Made my trigger feel identical to my colt 6721. No grittiness or slop at all. Liked it so much in my spikes I put one in my new frontier lower. Also worked well in that one.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Use this method for the for takedown pin. When that dedent flies out its a bitch to find. Ask me how I know

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      26.7 KB · Views: 303

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    I put mine together watching videos on YouTube. Had it for over a year and close to 1000 rounds thru it. No problems yet (knock on wood).

Yup, same here. PSA kits are good. If you can catch one with a Geissele trigger, even better. :thumbsup: you basically get the kit for free.

In stock - http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/623/category/389/

I have the SSA-E but it's not in stock. - http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1103/category/389/

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I wanted to get a kit that includes the stock/buffer/spring (telescoping and with sling atatchment) and trigger group, so if PSA is being sucky about shipping to MD, then who/what?

I may need assistance from someone here putting it together LOL. Anyone make a house call?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I wanted to get a kit that includes the stock/buffer/spring (telescoping and with sling atatchment) and trigger group, so if PSA is being sucky about shipping to MD, then who/what?

I may need assistance from someone here putting it together LOL. Anyone make a house call?

How much were you looking to spend there is a deal out there right now where you can get the LPK with a geiselle trigger for a little less than the trigger cost. $210. I know it isn't cheap but they are very nice and you will never need to upgrade it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They'll ship LPK's. Just not stripped lowers as I understand it.

My last purchase was a LPK for one of my Engage lowers.

I'm not spending my money there any longer either. I would have bought the LPK from Engage but they were out.

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    They'll ship LPK's. Just not stripped lowers as I understand it.

My last purchase was a LPK for one of my Engage lowers.

I'm not spending my money there any longer either. I would have bought the LPK from Engage but they were out.

What's the problem with these guys? I was just about to. Order from them actually

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom