• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    These debates are the reason why I vote libertarian. It just shows how left a Republican running for office goes to get elected.

Ima go grab my pitchfork now.

As an L myself my vote goes to Hogan for the reasons stated above. He needs all the support he can get if he wants a shot at winning and I'll be damned if I want another 4 years of Owe'Malley

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Why do people tacitly support the worst candidate in the race by voting third party? What does it accomplish, except helping elect the opposition? I really believe the democrat party finds people to run as a third party in close races, to split the vote and retain power.

Feb 28, 2013
    These debates are the reason why I vote libertarian. It just shows how left a Republican running for office goes to get elected.

In this state, it's a necessary evil.

The problem with third parties is that they always split OUR side.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD

You can vote for whomever you like, that is your right.

But I have to ask, in all seriousness, what would motivate you to essentially vote FOR a candidate that wants to TAKE YOUR GUNS/RIGHTS AWAY? Considering you are a member of an active forum for those same guns, and gun rights?

It would be like me, owning a sailboat, yet voting to let all powerboats have ultimate right of way on the water?

:shrug:

You can't have that kind of logic without an ulterior motive.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick

Even if you think that Hogan is not what you want in ideas, if you vote for the libertarian candidate, you are voting for Brown because you are just taking your vote and throwing it away.

Feb 7, 2013
    Howard County
    It looked like one of those Chinese movies where the words doesn't match the mouth (remember the Big Boss). Hogan appeard much better prepared and quite a bit smarter.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I am aware that less then 0% get elected. But mostly they closest reflect my beliefs. Principle is a primary consideration when voting. As voters, we have a responsibility to vote for who we feel will best manage our government. That sentiment is lost on both parties.

I thought Hogan was different until the second debate. Now I see how much a turncoat he can be and abandons causes because its politically damaging. Again; principles.

Go with god.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    i just don't understand the voting for 3rd party logic...

they never win elections and I believe they are put there only to split the republican vote. Lets be serious, if you are the guy running for the 3rd party, you have to know, you have no chance of being elected, especially in this state.

So in my mind, running as a 3rd party would be a waste of my time, unless I was put there to run on purpose...:tinfoil:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Why do you want to? Pick up one vote lose 10? Fact is he helps our cause by not voting our way. Proves we are not extremists ;)

Uh, NO! You pick one up at a time from wherever you can. There's no loss from doing that. We're not trying to prove that we are not extremists, we're trying to win an election and that takes every vote we can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom