• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    "As of the prevailing opinion as of the timong of HB281 aka FSA 2013" q bare stripped reciever that might somehow be assembled into a form that is considered Cosmetically incoRrect , would be forever considered an regulated firearm of the mpost possiblavy Evil type by its mefe exustance. A cpl ydars later the forces of Evil and/or their mibions , and/or reaslnably honest citizens blackmailed into doung their biddoing , hint that they might totally overturn previous ruling in good faith , retroactivly criminalize thousands of Md citizens.

( Insert expression of dusmay,)

(Insert expression of prostituting rhemselves).

(Insert expression of said hypocrite whores ; conniting a rude act involving certain hind quarters).

That hurt to read

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    You have a good point. However, the answer is a lot more complex than what you summarized in two bullet items. Also, there are many other reasons not to move here other than just bad gun laws.

We do need to hang together. Sad thing is when it comes time to vote most RURAL people don't even vote. PG, Howard and Baltimore counties run the show. That is where we need to start.

Make that Baltimore City, not county and ad MOCO.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    This kind of response needs to stop.

We need all of the help we can get, and telling prospective MD citizens, who are pro 2A, to not move here, does absolutely nothing for our cause and our fight. We need more members, not less, and there really only two ways to get there;

1. Convert folks who have never been around firearms.

2. People who move into the state that already share our mindset.

I'm not picking on you specifically, but every time I see this response, I shake my head.

We need to hang together, for we will certainly hang alone.

This :thumbsup: A job is a job in todays world. As for all of you who say don't move to MD, why are you still here? Any gun owners should get a warm welcome here.

Feb 28, 2013
    This :thumbsup: A job is a job in todays world. As for all of you who say don't move to MD, why are you still here? Any gun owners should get a warm welcome here.

They do from me once they do come. But there's no harm in advising folks against it in advance.

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    That hurt me to read , and I posted it.

No spell check. No jumping back to edit (ie have to erase everything back to error , and then write again from scratch). So in best of times it's a pain. Have a few distilled libations siting around the bonfire in the dark , and it isn't pretty.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    The OP has a virgin lower purchased prior to 10-1-13. It was never a rifle so if MSP may interpret it as I think they will, they're gonna say you didn't possess the now banned firearm before 10-1-13, so you can't possess it now.

And MSP will know whether it was built up prior to 10/1/13 how? Since all the pieces except the lower can be bought w/o any controls at any time, there's no way for them to know. Even if what you say above becomes how they actually stand, it would be impossible to enforce. They won't be able to prove anything and it's their burden of proof.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Some guys took pictures of their completed rifles with a date stamp. I don't know what will happen. I just don't see MSP interpreting anything that won't further the goal of 281.

Each person makes their own judgements.

Feb 28, 2013
    And MSP will know whether it was built up prior to 10/1/13 how? Since all the pieces except the lower can be bought w/o any controls at any time, there's no way for them to know. Even if what you say above becomes how they actually stand, it would be impossible to enforce. They won't be able to prove anything and it's their burden of proof.
    The only I can figure that being remotely possible is through extrapolation from credit card transaction records.

Best to pay cash for all the parts, so there's no paper trail.

ianb1116

Oct 14, 2014
    Continuing the discussion, if I were to build that stripped lower into an AR Pistol PRIOR to moving to the state, can I bring it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom