Retired Cmmdr of MSP Licensing Division: O'Malley, Brown kidding themselves w FSA2013

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    The last thing I want is more gun laws. I can and have proposed hundreds of suggestions that will reduce crime. I am completely opposed to the Firearms Safety act of 2013. I retired from the State Police, giving up the only life I had known since I was 18, so that I could educate our citizens on the true causes of violence. I took an oath of office to protect our Constitution. As the Commander of the State Police Licensing Division, I could not do that. One news article, one letter does not even begin to define the problems the Office of the Governor has caused in Maryland. I have chosen to fight amongst the men and women and help preserve their rights.

We are all glad to have you! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Claybreaker 2

Aug 25, 2013
    Frederick County
    The last thing I want is more gun laws. I can and have proposed hundreds of suggestions that will reduce crime. I am completely opposed to the Firearms Safety act of 2013. I retired from the State Police, giving up the only life I had known since I was 18, so that I could educate our citizens on the true causes of violence. I took an oath of office to protect our Constitution. As the Commander of the State Police Licensing Division, I could not do that. One news article, one letter does not even begin to define the problems the Office of the Governor has caused in Maryland. I have chosen to fight amongst the men and women and help preserve their rights.

Welcome to MDS. I thank you for stating you position on SB281 and look forward to your efforts in the 2A fight. I personally was concerned that you did not explain what you stated were "the true causes of gun violence" in your Baltimore Sun letter but understand there are limits to what one can include in that forum and still hope to be printed. I am sorry that this led me to question your 2A position at the time. I'm glad you are here and have shed some light on the inner workings on G&S and the Maryland Gun Center. Thank you.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I don't think you can be any clearer: you are a 2nd Amendment (and constitutional) supporter!

DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    Follow up by writing letters to the Sun. Give sound bite at a time. Reading this thread makes me think, when the going gets tough, MDS'ers will backbite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD

I'd say a few that have chimed in on this thread might own Mr. McCauley an apology.

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    Retired Cmmdr of MSP Licensing Division: O'Malley, Brown kidding themselves w...

Not a sole owes any apology. Our citizens are fed up with gun grabbing politicians and butt kissing law enforcement leaders. It's hard to believe or expect anything different. And, if I'm being honest; my lack of knowledge for what was really happening to gun owners was perhaps leading me onto that familiar path. A member of The AGC and MSI both played huge roles in enlightening me. I always thought I was a 2A supporter but I learned some simple methods and philosophies were hindering myself and others.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not a sole owes any apology. Our citizens are fed up with gun grabbing politicians and butt kissing law enforcement leaders. It's hard to believe or expect anything different. And, if I'm being honest; my lack of knowledge for what was really happening to gun owners was perhaps leading me onto that familiar path. A member of The AGC and MSI both played huge roles in enlightening me. I always thought I was a 2A supporter but I learned some simple methods and philosophies were hindering myself and others.

Some folks here are of the opinion that one's views cannot evolve. I think they are a minority. Your actions also speak louder than any words.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

Maybe not an apology, but would you accept a "Thank You" for both your service and objectivity?

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    Of course. But I've already had plenty of thanks. Let's just keep on the path. I've been reached. I've been educated. Who's next?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Of course. But I've already had plenty of thanks. Let's just keep on the path. I've been reached. I've been educated. Who's next?

This morning a colleague stopped me in the hall at work to let me know about his efforts to present a cogent argument to allow - those of us that ISIS has publicly stated that they are targeting. I can vouch this man is imminently qualified to make these assessments and he (properly) presented the Licensing Division (LD) with some info from an intelligence report. The LD replied that they were in communication with the FBI and DHS and there was insufficient threat to justify a 'good and substantial' reason at this time (I'm paraphrasing).

His last words to me were to the effect of: do they really need to see video of someone like me getting their head cut off to come to their senses? I could only reply that he shouldn't blame the LD officers, but the politicians that carry on with this cheap political stunt that endangers lives, and the very top police officials that kiss ass and have no balls. These are not our exact words; kids might read this, so I toned it down.

My biggest immediate fear now, is that more and more of my fellow 'law-abiding' citizens are deciding to break the law for their own personal safety; as they recognize the corruption and undo influence of our ignorant politicians. I typically inform them of the risk they are taking, and severe penalty they may face if they were ever stopped or had to defend themselves; I in essence try to persuade them to not carry, even though they are immanently qualified and legal to do so in 40+ states. Most take my advice to heart, but a few, I don't know. Friends: Please don't break the law, no matter how stupid it may be; we can still make this right. And if you do other wise, please do not tell me or anyone. I treat everyone as if they are armed anyway, I don't need to know. New meaning to: Don't ask, don't tell. :)

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    Retired Cmmdr of MSP Licensing Division: O'Malley, Brown kidding themselves w...

This needs action and inquiries from your elected representatives. Never before, in the history of our country, has there been any more clear and viable threat. This is without question, unethical to deny any applicant who falls within the parameters of this threat.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This morning a colleague stopped me in the hall at work to let me know about his efforts to present a cogent argument to allow - those of us that ISIS has publicly stated that they are targeting. I can vouch this man is imminently qualified to make these assessments and he (properly) presented the Licensing Division (LD) with some info from an intelligence report. The LD replied that they were in communication with the FBI and DHS and there was insufficient threat to justify a 'good and substantial' reason at this time (I'm paraphrasing).

His last words to me were to the effect of: do they really need to see video of someone like me getting their head cut off to come to their senses? I could only reply that he shouldn't blame the LD officers, but the politicians that carry on with this cheap political stunt that endangers lives, and the very top police officials that kiss ass and have no balls. These are not our exact words; kids might read this, so I toned it down.

My biggest immediate fear now, is that more and more of my fellow 'law-abiding' citizens are deciding to break the law for their own personal safety; as they recognize the corruption and undo influence of our ignorant politicians. I typically inform them of the risk they are taking, and severe penalty they may face if they were ever stopped or had to defend themselves; I in essence try to persuade them to not carry, even though they are immanently qualified and legal to do so in 40+ states. Most take my advice to heart, but a few, I don't know. Friends: Please don't break the law, no matter how stupid it may be; we can still make this right. And if you do other wise, please do not tell me or anyone. I treat everyone as if they are armed anyway, I don't need to know. New meaning to: Don't ask, don't tell. :)

I wonder what would happen if we asked Congress to intervene in the intrests of national security? Not kiding..

I wonder if Congress really wants to have widows and orphans of slain service men marching on the hill with pictures of decapitaed loved ones asking why??? Why did you leave them defenseless?

Might be worth finding out...

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I wear two caps that speak to my time in the intelligence business.

Such a threat begs the question - does it include everyone who had/has such an affiliation?

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    jack, i can tell you ,retirement is good the check comesevery month and each july we get a little raise. i have retired several times and each check is good.
    continue to keep ther faith. when i fianally hung up the gun belt in 2008 my right hip quit hurting. we policed in a era where it was usually fun and bad guys went to jail and we can be proud of that fact.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    Big enough threat that DOD has said do not wear uniforms around. Who knows what these lone wolf people might do. Just today, a DC officer was attacked with an ax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom