• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    No and Ill never get one. Sold my house in October. Tomorrow at 4pm, walking a house in WV that I believe we will put an offer on. Im outta here!

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Thanks NateIU10. Just one question, They specifically mention assault long guns but not pistols. It would make sense that it refers to both but has there been a statement for pistols?

Not that I am aware of. I will actually backtrack a bit and say I do not believe a person would need an HQL to have to have a replaced frame with the same serial number. A replaced frame with different serial would be a closer question, of which I would have to do more research.

I have had assault weapons on the brain recently, and apologize for stating "no" so emphatically when it is indeed a question that has an unclear answer.

mgagne77

MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2012
    Maryland
    Not doing it. Just can't find a reason to think I should have to. I may want other hand guns but not willing to pay for the right.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As I was shovelling $ into Md FFLs earlier this year , I was upfront with them it was my lifetime expendatures compressed.

Looking a few years ahead , not sure how Biggfootette's schooling will mesh moving out of state. I suppose for the interm we will have to do a gratutious loan.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Nope. Reasonably well stocked, prefer C&R anyway. There's a little bit of America in having things shipped right to my door, right here in MD.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Nope. I hope to move out of MD in the near future. I already have a modern, non C&R handgun as well as two C&R handguns. While I get the argument about supporting MD gun dealers, I've only ever bought one firearm from an MD FFL anyway. I prefer to hoard M1's from the CMP and hunt around for deals at out of state gun shows as well as through private sales and used guns.

I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not having an HQL.

tntblaster

Jun 6, 2013
    I have two hands, and three handguns.. I'm set. No HQL for me. I'm more interested in some sporting rifles and a shotgun for the mrs so thats where my dollars going to go in the near future.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    HQL is simply another infringement on your right to bear arms.

nope, won't contribute to this crap- it's just C&R for me until this crap law is repealed, we tar and feather those responsible, or I move to a better state

Same here, plus I bought as much as I could afford in the six months before Oct.
    My wife and I have plans to retire in about ten years and move to Texas. The only way that can happen sooner is if we hit the lottery.
    Until then, I will still shop for long guns I really don't need.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Does the Licensing Division publish statistics in HQL's?

Be nice to know how many have been issued and the turnaround time.

The first is of interest to see how close the prediction was to the actual... Their budget depends on 65,980 HQL's being issued in FY2014.

The second statistic is of interest to see if it changes after the court case is dispositioned. They certainly should be able to keep pace with the current numbers, right???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom