• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    Score another pne for the Trollicide.

But just in case his argument resurfaces either delibertly or spontaniously :

Back in post #289 was making further argument about Carrying , and implied percentahes and trends of carry by criminals vs lawful carry.

What with the further spread of lawful carry spreading to everywhere except the handfull of oppressive states not yet spanked by Federal Courts , there are now more people lawfully carrying than ever before , and growing. Meanwhile predatory criminals by the inherent nature of their enterprises choose the timing of their operations and need only arm themselves to specifically peRpretrate their foul deeds. Wheras a defender of self or others must be prepared at all times.

So yeah , if we draw our semantic to be " armed for purposes of commiting a crime " , then the good guys heartily out number the bad guys.

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    I'm a couple of days late to the party, but something struck me:

Rights don't have anything to do with elections. They don't come from government or elected officials.

This is very true. But if nobody recognizes a right, is it a right at all? As President Jackson wrote regarding Worcester v. Georgia:

...the decision of the Supreme Court has fell still born, and they find that they cannot coerce Georgia to yield to its mandate."

Basically, if nobody enforces a judgement (or in this case, a right), then it's really a moot point at a practical level. To use a case in our backyard, Matt Pinkerton very definitely has the right to defend himself and his house against a violently aggressive intruder, but Maryland put him on trial for murder anyway.

So yeah, it's all well and good to make the point that governments and officials don't "grant" basic rights, but as a practical, "where the rubber meets the road" matter, the People rely on the Legislature and Courts to recognize those rights, and the Legislature and Courts rely on the Executive to make it happen.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Just received a call from the Anthony Brown campaign wondering if they can count on my vote. Well I asked was he in support of the most recent Maryland gun bans and they said most certainly. Well I said they can most certainly not count on my vote, and promptly hung the phone up! She was proud when she answered the question too, damn sheep.......

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    The National Rifle Association on Monday announced its endorsement of Republican Larry Hogan in Maryland’s gubernatorial contest, citing his “support and commitment to the Second Amendment.” The backing by the organization’s Political Victory Fund comes in a race in which Hogan’s opponent, Lt. Gov. Anthony G. Brown (D), has spent a lot more time talking about Hogan’s positions on guns than the Republican has.

On Monday, Gov. Martin O’Malley (D), who has endorsed Brown, announced the launch of an online petition drive meant to pressure Hogan to release a copy of the questionnaire.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Things are not looking good for Brown. From what I've been reading, the race is too close to call, and I'd be willing to bet that Hogan is saving his best campaign punches to continue to pummel Brown on his record right up to the end.

This is a fun link.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/21/hogan-links-release-of-inmate-to-brown/

If Brown somehow manages to win, regardless of his abysmal performance and regardless of the financial mess he and Owe'Malley put the state in, this state is truly lost.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Things are not looking good for Brown. From what I've been reading, the race is too close to call, and I'd be willing to bet that Hogan is saving his best campaign punches to continue to pummel Brown on his record right up to the end.

This is a fun link.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/21/hogan-links-release-of-inmate-to-brown/

If Brown somehow manages to win, regardless of his abysmal performance and regardless of the financial mess he and Owe'Malley put the state in, this state is truly lost.

I have a thread in the WC for that...

Heard it this morning, and I smiled.

As to the current question, I think there is a very real chance Brown has gone full-out KKT and, barring a last-ditch smear effort, is toast.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I see this race as sort of a mirror of the Ehrlich/Kennedy-Townsend race. Her campaign was highly mismanaged, but at the same time, Glendenning did such a good job of screwing things up over an 8 year span of time that people were pretty fed up with the status quo and wanted something different.

Like Brown, Townsend was little more than a mouthpiece trotting out scripted lines and sound-bytes, but dragging 8 years worth of smelly turds along behind her in her wake.

I think that if this was 2002, Brown would be completely cooked because Owe'Malley/Brown was even worse for the state than Glendenning was, but the state and liberal mindset has changed quite a bit since then, and the masses are asses. If Brown wins, the real problem with the state won't be the governor, but the idiots who put him in office.

Mr H

Banana'd
    "Fredericktown" and Wallops Island, for me, were right up there with KKT's commentary during the Super Bowl, where she said her favorite part of the game was when, "they scored a football, and we came back [on the kickoff] and got a football"

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    "Fredericktown" and Wallops Island, for me, were right up there with KKT's commentary during the Super Bowl, where she said her favorite part of the game was when, "they scored a football, and we came back [on the kickoff] and got a football"
    When I was a National Guard bandsman, I had the opportunity to meet KKT a couple of times, and I was astonished by how utterly stupid she seemed to be. I was blown away that she'd managed to survive in politics long enough to become a Lt. Governor with a bid for the Governorship.

Hopefully, if Hogan can pull off an upset, Brown will disappear like she did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom